Stool samples?!?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
markjs
New User

Stool samples?!?

Postby markjs » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:02 am

OMG I HATE stool samples. So far I have only had to do two and both fortunately were at times I was able to do at the hospital, or rush to the hospital while they were open.

The trouble is, I have it back again I am quite sure, and most of the time for me the symptoms are quite mild. The other two samples were given when the symptoms were severe. The big problem is when it's not bad, I have to have a bowel movement usually 2-3 hours before I'd be able to deliver the sample. I heard that for some tests the sample needs to be "on ice" but I am so grossed out and traumatized by playing with feces, that this is just a nightmare. I suppose I can call my hospital's lab and ask or ask at a doctors appointment but since I found this forum I thought maybe someone here would know what proper handling in such a situation would be.

I am SO dreading having to collect this again. I have a horrible gag reflex and I am almost incapable of even changing a baby's diaper. I have a great stomach in that I never puke but I always start gagging and I can't breathe and sometimes it takes a lot out of me. This is even with half a jar of Vicks Vaporub all over my face (that's a tip for anyone with my same aversion to feces). I doub't I'd be capable of taking a stool sample if not for the good ol' Vicks Vaporub.

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:39 pm

man wow the ups and downs of the tummy! i don t know if i am or would like to have one like yours or not whew

Return to “Too Much Information”