symtoms of a relapse

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
carrie
Regular Contributor

symtoms of a relapse

Postby carrie » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:29 pm

I have been off vanco for 70 days today but last week started having symptoms like I was having a relapse and they have not really gone away. The last two days my stools have turned very yellow. I switched my diet to only rice, salmon, bread and oatmeal. I'm concerned that these foods might be bunging me up and not releasing the toxins as I've not had a lot of bowel movements and they have not been very loose. Previous to switching my diet I had many BM's over two days. Yesterday there was a bit of mucus but so far that is it. I have not had this color of bowel movement since my last relapse in September. I can't get a sample to the doctor unless they are runny the lab just won't process them. My stomach is gurgling more then it has in several months and I'm getting gassier, also have not been gassy for several months. Also could the florastor also bung me up as it is considered and anti- diarehal(?) YIKES!! Has anyone had the yellow stool and not relapsed? It seems to me from most of my reading it is a sign of active cdiff. Could just eating this limited food change my stool to that yellow???

carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:00 pm

I've just read that a sudden onset of yellow bowel movements often indicates a bacterial infection in the intestines. I guess that has me even more worried. Decided not to go to work today as I really don't want to infect anyone working in a nursing home.

Alex1067
New User

Postby Alex1067 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:44 pm

I am having the same thing you are experiencing. I have been Cdiff free for about 80 days (off of Vanco). This whole last week has been strange. I feel a lot more gas and rumbling going on. Also, I get that lower pain in the bottom of my stomach. Sometimes if I lay a certain way, I will feel worse. The uncomfortable feeling feels like my stomach just dropped and the onset of a bowel movement is anticipated. Usually passing gas will resolve the problem. Let me know if you figure out wha this si. Maybe it is just one of those bad times and it will go away on its own.

Post IBS?

carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:41 am

Well Alex judging on the high number of postings over the past few days regarding strange symptoms, relapses, scares etc. I'm going out to check for a full moon. I wish I knew what was cause of these recent symptoms but more importantly I hope they pass soon without much more upset. Hope things settle for you quickly and we are just having a good scare before the countdown is over. Now get back to your studies.

Return to “Too Much Information”