Update with a question.

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Alex1067
New User

Update with a question.

Postby Alex1067 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:10 am

So I have been Cdiff free for 80 days. Overall, I have been feeling better. I still get the occasional cramp in my stomach or hear bubbles. I have not had an episode of diarrhea since October. However, my stools are sometimes very soft. The thing that scares me is that a couple of times The toilet paper has a very tiny blood. It looked like it was almost smeared or diluted with mucus. It also sometimes feels very uncomfortable after terminating a bowel movement. Could this just be part of healing process?

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:15 am

It could just be from wiping. I'd keep an eye on it and call your Dr. if it gets worse. Desitin or Vaseline may help.

Congrats on beating C-diff!

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:47 pm

I had blood and mucus occasionally for some months after cdiff, and still rarely have it. I figure it's part of the healing. However, I also think I have a fissure. I asked my doc about that and she said I'd have to come in while it's bleeding, but that doesn't happen very often. So far I haven't had it diagnosed for sure. That may be what you have.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:35 pm

Im the same way after having cdiff. Very rarely I get a bit of blood but its either from a hemmrroid or fissure. But sometimes I am uncomfortable after a bm. Feels like pulled muscle or something down there. I guess its what the cdiff left me with.

Alex1067
New User

Postby Alex1067 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:46 pm

THANKS. Reading that makes me feel better. I feel actually pretty good. Of course every onc ei na hile there is a couple day period where I dont feel great. But, it is definetly tolerable

babyram
New User

Postby babyram » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:50 am

Trust me you all! You would know if you had a fissure!! I got one after the C.Diff and going on the Vanco /Florastor etc etc. Made me constipated. I had a fissure 5 years ago and have it again -- a pain that is NOT FUN!!! It feels like shards of glass ripping through your colon / rectum as you are going to the bathroom. There is normally a fair amount of blood on the stool itself where the tear is, but not really any mucous. The only way to treat it is with Nitro Cream, Warm baths, ointments, eating right and VERY SOFT STOOLS!! This is a luxury which I a trying desperately to achieve. Sounds weird after having C. Diff and trying to rid D!!!
I hope this isin't your case. Most fissures will bleed off and on, depending on if you tear it again. The only way to know if you have one is go to the GI. That too is VERY painful since they have to do an exam!!! I wish you luck.

debralaprade
New User

Fissure

Postby debralaprade » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:04 am

I was told by my GI that I do have a fissure. It's can cause mucous and blood-sort of like a bloody nose when you have a cold. Hot tub baths help alot. I don't think it is anywear near as painful as the cramping from C-diff. That was worse than child birth!
debra laprade

Return to “Too Much Information”