D again ...

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
stefdub
New User

D again ...

Postby stefdub » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:59 am

Hi guys, I am still on Flagyl and have had almost normal BMs the last couple of days. I ate some chicken and the typical bread and bananas yesterday and have ok BMs this morning. For breakfast I had 1 banana, 1 danactive and 1 slice of bread and since then 2 Ds :-( The danactive I had this morning was vanilla flavored and that might have caused it I hope.
My Ds don't smell anymore. Is it normal while using Flagyl that you still have some Ds? Could I be rid of it and this is just my body flushing out the last bad Cdiffs? I am just confused. Everything seemed like it was on track. :-(

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:07 pm

stefdub,

Yes, you can have "off" days while on Flagyl (or Vanco.). Do check with your doctor if you continue to have problems.

Have you read the first forum ALL USERS READ THIS FIRST? It gives a lot of info. & also the rules of the site. Some of the questions you asked concerning spores are in Dr. McDonald's & Dr. Borody's articles. That forum also asks you confine your posts to one a day. You can ask numerous questions in the post. You can post indefinite times to support others.

Feel better.

stefdub
New User

Postby stefdub » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:25 pm

hi and thank you for the info.
I am just being worried I guess.
How come I don't have any cramps and stuff, nor the smell, yet I have D?
with the black specs. I just wish I knew :-(

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:45 pm

stefdub,
I never had the ABD cramps or the smell either. I for one am (was) greatful for that. Stop worring about things that you dont have and concentrate on other things, worring only makes things worse. Also just to ease your mind the black spec's that you see in your stool are most likely from all the bannana's that you are eating. The same thing happend to me and alot of other people on here. My dr always told me not to worrie about what my stool "looked like". If your having constant "D" or if you are seeing blood then yes contact your Dr ASAP! Other wise stop studying your stool because it is only going to drive you crazy!

Good Luck and keep us posted!
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:27 am

I agree totally with Heather. My Dr. finally flat out told me to stop looking in the toilet. I think he got sick of me reporting the black specks which, I did have and the color. I finally said to him OK one more time and then I promise I'll never ask again. After that I kept my mouth shut! Seriously though, if your not having frank diarrhea w/ or w/out blood do not worry. By worrying you are only making your stomach worse. There is a HUGE connection between the mind and gut responses. As I have said before, relax and keep busy. You will beat this.

stefdub
New User

Postby stefdub » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:58 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!!!!!!!!
It i so comforting to hear from you guys and I don't mean to over react. This is all still very strange and weird for me. But I agree. I should lay back more and try to relax. After all, I am still strong enough to kick c diff's butt. May God bless you guys!!!

Take care,
Stefan

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:37 pm

stefdub,
I agree with your doc. & the others. Stop looking down the toilet.
Last edited by Bobbie on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jodie
Regular Contributor

Postby Jodie » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:27 pm

Boy, does that sound familiar!!! The first 6 or 7 or even 8 months I had c-diff all I did was look in the toilet!!! Ha, Ha!!! Now I NEVER look in the toilet...Does wonders for my psyche!!!! If I don't look, I can't complain!!

Return to “Too Much Information”