Nether region issues.... HELP!

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
tara99rn
Brand New Poster

Nether region issues.... HELP!

Postby tara99rn » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:12 pm

Hello everyone!

I am new to this board. I was diagnosed with c-diff colitis almost 2 weeks ago while on vacation with my family in Disney World. I spent 5 days in the hospital on IV flagyl and Cipro. Once I came home, I had my PCP switch me to oral vanco. I am feeling much better now.... BUT..... my "bottom" half is KILLING me!

I am not having the D any more, but frequent soft stools are an issue still. Has anyone on here ever gotten vaginitis or a yeast infection from the c diff treatments? I am not sure if that is what is going on with me, of if it is just irratation from frequent trips to the bathroom. Anyone else have this experience? It hurts to sit down at this point.

Also, does anyone use baby wipes or any kind of moist toilet wipe? I feel like I can never get "clean" enough anymore. Am I alone in any of this? Any advice, suggestions, or similar experiences are greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you!
Tara

Renee
New User

"bottom half" irritation

Postby Renee » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:35 pm

I can absolutely relate. I use fragrance-free wipes always...or...this is going to sound strange, Bag Balm (used for cows udders)...this has helped a lot. It seems the littlest thing irritates those tissues now. Either one can now be purchased at any pharmacy store.
Good luck,
Renee
Renee

carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:59 pm

Well this is my first posting but was diagnosed in June and will become more involved on the board now that I don't cry every time I come to the site. I'm presently on Vanco and 3 weeks into the pulse that worked for Lauryn. This is my 5th round of medication.
Finally I've had a few smiles on my face this week, my husband is most relieved. I'll work on writing my case history hopefully in the next week.

I'm also struggling with vaginal yeast infections and or vaginitis. I was at an alternative medicine practioner and she gave me an anti fungal cream and some drops. Before I start either of them I'd like to know how others treated this issue. I have so many food intolerences giving up all starchy foods is not really an option at this time. I've cut out almost all refined sugar, try to eat low sugar fruits and no yeast products. The doctors just keep giving me fluconazole which is an antibiotic. My GP and GI are both very supportive and kind but are only able to give very limited information.

Thanks so much for the support. I hope I can offer some beneficial information in the future. I will post the names of the products I was given today as soon as I find a couple minutes.

Writing from Canada
Carrie
Ps I hope I did this right on my first reply :)

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:58 pm

Tara and Carrie,
Welcome to the group that no one wants to join. Be sure to read All Users Read This First, Dr. Borody's article, Dr. McDonald's article (in the FAQ section under Articles by Experts), and all areas in FAQ that interest you.

Tara, I had a lot of bottom pain, to the point where I wanted to scream all the time. Do you have hemorrhoids? Prep H, Tucks, and hot baths helped me. My GI doc also gave me a prescription of 2.5% hydrocortisone cream; I was not supposed to use much of this. I also had vaginal irritation (probably from D exploding all over everything) which was not a yeast infection, so it cleared up on its own.

Hang in there. It gets better.

carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:08 pm

Thanks Nancy, I've read many of the FAQ during the past two months and continue to review the site daily for more information.

The homeopathic practioner gave me the following to try - maybe this needs to go under treatments?

for yeast infection
Ointment - contains 1 g candida albicans 3X
drops to be taken orally 1 x daily - candida albicans 5x in base of purified water.

She also gave me Lymphdiaral a remedy used to support lymphatic draiange for acute and chronic disorders of the lymphatic system including infections and inflammation.

I'm still at the stage where I feel I'm grasping at anything as an option to help me get through this.

Return to “Too Much Information”