Home Infusion - C-Diff negative for the first time

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Neng Friend
New User

Home Infusion - C-Diff negative for the first time

Postby Neng Friend » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:21 pm

I have just completed 4 fecal infusions at home...(husband is my donor). I have had C-Diff for 7 months now....VANCO coming out of my eyeballs...5 trips to the hospital (2) by ambulance. I have had my first negative C-Diff test following the infusions....this is huge for me. I require a colon re-section due to diverticulitis. No surgeon will touch me (unless for emergency) because of the C-Diff....Lets hope I have gotten rid of the beast, can have my surgery, and get on with my life.

I am fortunate to have a wonderful GI MD. I am from North of Boston. I am working on a paper for him regarding the infusion process; this will also include pictures (not graphic) about what products I used and the experiences that I have had. I am now instructing other patient's (only those chosen by my MD) on how to perform the infusions for maximum effect. My husband and I have had a lot of laughs......we had a blender malfunction......(that was interesting), an enema bag defect, filling the colon too fast, and several other very interesting mishaps......at any rate...we have perfected the method. I will be having antibiotics as part of my surgery......so, I am sure that I will get C-Diff back again......but I know I will stand a 90% chance or better, getting rid of it via fecal infusion. When I am finished with my report.....I will place my email address on the forum for anyone that would like to discuss it. I am not a doctor..........just another poor innocent slob, that contracted C-Diff following a sinus infection in 2006.

cryingsilly
Contributor

Postby cryingsilly » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:50 pm

It so so great to hear your test was negative. Do you think if I sent you my email address you could send me more information on the infusions? I would like to present the information to my physician.

Thanks so much

Darlene
darlene.jacobson@gmail.com

Jan
Regular Contributor

Postby Jan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:41 am

Congrats and I am wondering the same as Darlene, could you send me the info to my email address for the infusions. I have had C DIff since Dec 06 and have been on vanco numerous times. Have been using the tapering method since May and was down to 1 vanco every 3 days and now I am relapsing once again. Looking in to going to an infectious disease doctor and would like to have this material to take along with me to my appt.

Thanks
Jan
stepnout2@alltel.net

Katy
New User

Postby Katy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:13 am

Hello all,
I'm new here, thanks to my second bout with C-diff, and not very encouraged that it will be my last, but hoping!
I too, am very interested in the fecal infusion process. I see that this is a rather old thread. Did anyone get a response regarding how it is done? I mean, I've read tons about it, but I was under the impression that this had to be done under a doctors care, or in a hospital or medical office?!? If I can do it on my own I'd like to try it (if this round of Vanco doesn't kick it for good *crosses fingers*).
Please send me a message to my "mailbox" here if you have any information on this process or know where I can find out how to do it on my own. My doctor, like so many others I've read about here, has learned more about C-diff from me than he ever knew before (he didn't say that but I can tell by the look on his face when I ask him questions about it!). My mother and I have both been suffering from C-diff since mid 2006. She's 78 and fell and broke both her hip and her wrist. They gave her Cipro and she also had a cathader in the hospital, which I think exasperated the C-diff. She's had it now countless times (currently tested "clear" for now). Last Saturday I finally broke down and admitted to myself that my C-diff had returned. I kept trying to deny it to myself, but finally decided before it got a "super hold" on me I'd better begin the next round of Vanco, which I did.
Anyway, thanks for listening, and I'm happy to have found this site (it's encouraging and depressing LOL at the same time). At least there are other people that understand EXACTLY what I'm talking about now!
Hope to hear from someone soon about the fecal infusions process ;)

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:35 pm

Katy,
Welcome to the group that no one wants to join. Be sure to read All Users Read This First, Dr. Borody's article, Dr. McDonald's article (in the FAQ section under Articles by Experts), and all areas in FAQ that concern you. I am so sorry to hear that both you and your mom had cdiff. I got it after taking Cipro plus levaquin.

About fecal infusions, there are a number of doctors who do them, and some might be willing to give you info about doing them yourself. See the Doctors section. Also, there are now 2 videos on the site's home page about them. When I had cdiff, you had to test positive 3 times before a doctor would do infusions for you, and I only tested positive once in my 8 months of cdiff, so I was never eligible for infusions. Others here have done them, some at home, and will probably comment.

To comment on your other post, your daughter should know that transmission of cdiff to family members is very rare. It almost never happens unless the person has been on antibiotics. If you follow the hygiene precautions in the FAQ section, your daughter and her family should be fine. That being said, I lost friends when I had cdiff because they didn't want to be around me, and still don't.

About appetite, what helped me regain mine, and finally stop losing weight, was Primadophilus reuteri. I ordered it online.

Let us know how it goes. We care.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:36 pm

It is in my opinion that NO ONE should attempt at home infusions without permission for his/her doctors. Anything could go wrong and to not have a doctor aware of your procedure would be awful! Also donor HAS TO BE TESTED and this is a must to be safe. Everyone needs to remember that this procedure is NOT APPROVED as yet as standard practice in the US. My doctors as well as many others all over the US will not attempt it unless it is a life or death situation . They believe that there is not enough documentation of long-term effects to risk the procedure. RIGHT OR WRONG.......is anyone's guess. Yes, many have been put in remission with the infusions and many others were not helped at all by them. It is truly still a mystery or it would be done EVERYWHERE otherwise. In other words "Do not jump off a cliff unless you are secured by a good rope!" Ha!
Cindy

Katy
New User

Postby Katy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:40 pm

Nancy,
Thanks for your response and the information you provided, it is greatly appreciated.

I just found this site last night and stayed up until 4 a.m. reading it, hehehe! I was so relieved to find this place and read so many of the posts, I can't tell you! This is a wonderful resource and a great place to find out that YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Not to mention that it is just chocked full of so much information, I'm very excited to have found all of you (though sorry it's under these conditions *sigh*).

I have tons and tons of reading to do here still and plan on reading as many of the threads as I can.

Thanks again for your help!
Katy ;)

Return to “Too Much Information”