consistency & frequency

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Jan
Regular Contributor

consistency & frequency

Postby Jan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:00 pm

For those who can maybe help me with this question...

I am tapering vanco, now on 2 daily for a week along with Florastor and Culturelle. I am now having more (sorry graphic) soft, mushy b.m.s daily but still mostly in the morning. I do not know if the c diff is flaring up more or is this normal while tapering?

Jan

Jodie
Regular Contributor

Postby Jodie » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:52 pm

Hi! Mine are always mushy. Currently on 1 Vanco 250 per day.....Been having c-diff a long time now, so there seems to be no normal!!

Jodie

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:29 pm

Jan
June 19th will be one year fee of it for me and for quite awhile after and during the meds mine were mushy and frequent. Still get that way at times now, but not like before. It took a long time before I started to go normal.

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:08 am

Every time you change or adjust your dosage of Vanco/Flagyl your BM's will change. Usually, for the worse. It's pretty much a given. Even once you are over C-diff it can take a very long time for things to return to your new normal. I wouldn't worry unless of course, you actual have a real relapse.

Jan
Regular Contributor

thanks

Postby Jan » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:18 am

Thanks every one for your replies. Really puts my mind at ease knowing some one else has had the issues I am dealing with especially when things were better and looking worse while tapering. I wonder why they change when adjustments are made to the meds? Just as long as I and the rest of us kick this nasty bug is the goal. I almost stopped taking the vanco thinking it wassn't doing me any good any more but I guess I better stick to my guns and keep tapering then pulsing with 1 pill for a while. Thanks again!

Jan

Judy M.
Regular User

Postby Judy M. » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:59 am

Christina: Thanks SO MUCH for your reply. You have certainly put my mind at ease.

I am currently nearing the end of my Flagyl and am taking Vanco every other day (after a month of daily Vanco). This regimen will take me through our move at the end of June and my upcoming appointment with a new GI doctor near our new home. I've already had one relapse and hope just maybe this time the meds will work. In addition, I'm taking Flora-Q, which I will continue after the antibiotic -- it will be interesting to see if it helps my IBS (which I've had for years).

I'm also hoping that my occasional nausea will improve when I stop the Flagyl.

Again, thanks!
Judy M.
Albany, NY

Return to “Too Much Information”