weird blue object

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
whitepine
Regular Contributor

weird blue object

Postby whitepine » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:50 am

Okay, this is gross, sorry in advance.
Today I found this really weird hard blue object in my bowel movement. It was hard and when I collected it, I broke it in half it looked powder blue inside. The reason I am collecting/examining my stool is because I had a capsule endoscopy (where you swallow the camera, and you have to watch for it to be explelled) so I use the plastic hats...yuck.

Any idea what the hard blue object could be? It wasnt the camera, it looked like an undissolved pill, I was thinking it might be a vancomycin pill but I opened them and they have blue shells but are white inside...so odd. It crumbled when I squeezed it. And I stupidly did not save it.
No other pills I take are blue, just the vanco 250 mg capsules. Nothing I ate was blue, all I had the days before were bananas, ramen noodles and a piece of salmon and plain soup.

Totally bizarre. Figured it would be entertaining to post about it. :)

unhappystomach
Contributor

Postby unhappystomach » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:32 pm

Probably the vancomycin. Just went through your system and came out a little different. The only difference is the insides right?

But it would worry my why its not being absorbed.

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:22 pm

I have to agree with Bobbie. Even the TMI questions go a little to far sometimes.

Whitepine,
I would contact your Dr. and tell him/her what you seen.
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

whitepine
Regular Contributor

sorry

Postby whitepine » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:23 pm

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I would never want to do that!
I did ask my doctor and he had no idea what it was, so I thought I'd ask.
I will try to keep these things to myself...thanks anyway.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:30 pm

whitepine,
Know you've had a rough time & don't want to hurt your feelings. Why don't you PM or Email some of the others with similar questions?

Hope you are feeling better.

whitepine
Regular Contributor

ok?

Postby whitepine » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:52 am

Thanks!
I think it was the vancomycin, and it makes sense that it is not being absorbed thats why I am so sick and feel its not working! Things fly right through me. I thought these kinds of things are what the Too Much information section are for? Thanks for the reply unhappy stomach. :)

Return to “Too Much Information”