The big D

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Jodie
Regular Contributor

The big D

Postby Jodie » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:36 pm

This morning went to bathroom twice with big green poops, now the diarrhea is back. Started Vanco Sunday 125 4 x's per day Is this normal? Does anyone else have some "D" while on Vanco???

michellebue
Regular User

Postby michellebue » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:58 pm

it sometimes takes 5 days for the vanco to start working for me. it has also helped within just a few days. i'll have the diahrrea until it kicks in.

Jodie
Regular Contributor

Postby Jodie » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:08 pm

Well today is day 6, so I hope it starts working soon!!! Feeling really under the weather, head in a fog, naseaus, etc.

michellebue
Regular User

Postby michellebue » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:41 pm

if it is really bad i would put a call in to your dr before the weekend. there is nothing worse than the er. hang in there.

am i reading these posts right? do you and your son have c-diff?

Jodie
Regular Contributor

Postby Jodie » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:08 pm

Yes, my 4 mth old son. It's been hell... He just started the Flagyl Wednesday and am crossing my fingers. Still has the runny green poop though but maybe not as much abdominal cramping. I was taking Vanco 125 4x's per day but just called doc and am going to take 250 3x's per day. Hope this helps my flu-like symptoms (aches and pains, headaches, and runny "D") Hard just to make it thru the day lately!!!

michellebue
Regular User

Postby michellebue » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:13 pm

i am so sorry to hear that. i cannot imagine how frustrated you must be. i hope that everything works out for both of you.

whitepine
Regular Contributor

dose

Postby whitepine » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:02 am

Hi Jodie,

Sorry to hear about the miserable green beast...i know all about it.
I was going to suggest you call your GI and ask about a dose increase, and I see you did do that already so that should help. In my case, I did not respond to the 125's of 250's I needed 500 mg 4x per day...and for 6 weeks to start thena VERY gradual tapering. You can have diarrhea while on vanco, but in yoru case it sounds like you did need a higher dose. I hope it helps! It does take a few days to kick in, in my case it never seems to kick in but I am a c.diff mutant, any my body doesnt liek to respond to things! he hee Seriously, hang in there! try ttaking florastor
and some probiotics it should help alot. Pepto bismol can help too, up to 8 caps a day I am on. Ask youf GI. :)

Jodie
Regular Contributor

Postby Jodie » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:34 am

Thanks Whitepine!!! Yesterday was the worse relapse I've ever had. The "D", my back, neck and shoulders hurt so bad, my head was total fog (wonder if that's from the toxins), even my gums hurt (anyone experience that before?) My stomach sounded like the devil himself laughing and barking at me all night. Well I upped the dose and am feeling slightly better already...Whew!!! This just gets scarier and scarier sometimes....Waiting patiently for Vanco to truly kick in (hopeful)

Return to “Too Much Information”