urgency question

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
whitepine
Regular Contributor

urgency question

Postby whitepine » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:59 pm

Hi everyone!

Sorry to ask about poop, but I have a question for you all.
How many times do you go per day? I ask because I have been going 2 times per day until yesterday and today I went 6 times. This actually to my amazement was not diarrhea. All solid stools! I mean, i think its good that its not diarrhea, but the urgency is dreadful. I feel like I always have to go, I never feel empty. I fel like drinking a colon flush just to feel empty! So you know what I mean?
The cramping and urgency is awful and has ruine dmy Christmas fun. Spent all day eithe ron the pot or with the heating pad on.
Nothing has changed as afar as dosing...still on 500 mg Vancomycin 4x per day every 6 hours, Florastor, and VSL#3. All i did was eat more food.
Im on librax, bentyl and xanax and its not working just making me sleepy! So frustrated! I need some positive input, I am approaching panic mode again. Weirdness...and worrying. :)

unhappystomach
Contributor

Postby unhappystomach » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:02 pm

I still have urgency when I have to go, and they are solid as well.

I have been "Cdiff free" for a month.

I sure hope you get better soon!!

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:33 pm

When I was on vanco, it was normally 3-5 times/day, but as much as 8. I was very good friends with bathrooms everywhere!

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:22 am

Whitepine- As you probably have read I have been fighting cdiff for 5 years. In this time I have never had one week that was like the one before. For that matter my bathroom habits vary from day to day. Alot of it depends on what you eat. I also have found that if I eat something that I have not eaten in a long time I will have a lot of frequency. Don't worry so much about how often you go as long as you feel well and it is not watery (I was told this by 4 doctors.) Make sure to keep up with your fluid intake and eat banana every day. Hope you get well soon!
Cindy

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:25 am

Trust me, you'll still have "urgency" when it's over. I still have to get up and run every morning. That saying of "holding it" does not apply even after it's gone.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:28 pm

Christina- YOU CRACK ME UP! LOL!
Cindy

whitepine
Regular Contributor

thank all my friends here

Postby whitepine » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:22 pm

Thank you !!!!!!!!
Christina, your attitude is so awesome, you are like my hero! I know you have been though it all and you are still able to make us laugh and reach out and help! Thank you so much.

I am so proud to wear my bracelet and I have been educating others about this site. :)

I hate the urgency, its awful, cant get my mind off it, just want to sit on the pot all day. I hate bathrooms now, such anxiety. Going #2 used to be a nice experience, and now its a painful one! I hope some day we can all have pleasant bathroom experiences again.

Im gonna take immodium today just to give myself a break! AHHH

Thanks all :)

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:50 am

Well don't be nervous there are days I go 10 times at one point for a long time it was at least 20 talking about a sore butt!!! It was agony. But you have to do what you have to do.. my family understood when mom had to run quickly to the bathroom when we were out. It was an emergency..lol.... Now it has gotten better I go about 4 or 5 times some times a little more on really good days only a couple ( boy do I love those days ) I actually didn't go last week one day and was in heaven!!!!!! I felt normal... ha ha.. If your not sick and its not pure water and everything is good try not to worry.. I know that is hard to do.

Happy new year!!!!!!!!!!

33 days and counting :)

whitepine
Regular Contributor

thank you

Postby whitepine » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:20 am

Thank you so much for the replies. I appreciate the support! That was a really bad day, I went 6 times, and with each one, more cramping pain, cold sweats, nausea, just awful. I figur enow I just ate too much food, a lamb dinner, potatoes and gingerbread men. It was all solid all 6 times, I guess that is good, it just hurt so bad and left me in bed with my heating pad for 3 days after. I took the immodium and only went twice the next day (thank god)

Bless you all! :)

bluemnm37
New User

joining the party...

Postby bluemnm37 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:16 am

I wanted to say I too was experiencing the urgency frequently, and was wondering if it was just me...lol. But now after reading all your posts, apparently not. In fact, I stopped Flagyl about 3 days ago...and while I've still felt pretty well now being off it (keeping my fingers crossed and knocking on wood, this was my second round of it), I still haven't felt "normal". And like you said, there really isn't any more of the the "holding it" anymore. Weird. Anyone know if this is a permanant side effect from just having CDiff too many times??
Tania

Return to “Too Much Information”