MOVED FROM ANOTHER FORUM

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

MOVED FROM ANOTHER FORUM

Postby Bobbie » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:52 pm

Read the rules. Post explicit details (and yes, we know diarrhea is part of C. diff.) in TMI. It takes a lot of time to move graphic posts (such as "green poop"). I'm tired of doing it and from now on will delete them. I realize many are concerned about these details, but let's not put them "front and center." This IS the Internet, and we'd like the site to appear professional. Also, why not ask your doctor some of your personal questions? This is why you are paying him/her.

pam2738
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:09 pm

Today was my first appt with the GI clinic at U of WI in Madison. It just so happens also to be Day#5 off Flagyl & by the time I got to the clinic I had had two unpleasant poops. While there, I was asked if I could leave a stool sample, which I did, & was appalled to see that it was pea green!

Anyway, she said I had been on Flagyl much too long. That I should have been switched to Vanco when I relapsed on Day#6 after having been on Flagyl for 6 weeks.

I have the Vanco, but I a kinda waiting to see how things are. According to the 3 Day Rule, I should try to wait it out. I had some au gratin potatoes from the local supermarket deli last night. Maybe that didn't sit well, altho I would think I'd have had problems in the night if that was the case. So I am playing it by ear, so to speak, & seeing how it goes.

If I do go on the Vanco, it will be for 2 weeks, then switch right over immediately to Questran. If at the end of that, I relapse, then we will do an extended pulse of Vanco.

So that's that for now. I got on the scale this morning & I've lost 20 pounds. Not the way to lose it.

Pam

unhappystomach
Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:09 am

Hope this works for you! Questran is how I finished of my meds. Good luck.

dalamy
Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:34 am

Yes - the green - C. diff. is the stuff of science fiction. I was shocked and scared when I saw that myself!

I have never experienced anything like that ever before - only us fellow C. differs can truly understand.

Amy

pam2738
Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:40 am

I am holding off on starting the Vanco a la the 3 day rule, just in case things don't get any worse. BUT if they DO & I have to take a Vanco in the middle of the night, do I then just take 3 the next day instead of 4?

I figure taking 4 per day is a schedule such as 9 am 12 pm 3 pm 6 pm 9 pm.

Pam

pam2738
Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:54 am

Well, actually, considering the pea soup green of the sample, should I just assume that cdiff is back again & go ahead with the Vanco tonight? Take one now & then one around midnight?

Pam

Diane
Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:17 am

Do yo have any other symptoms? Are you going alot? Do you feel sick? When did they say you would get your results back? I've had bad poops and thougth oh man here we go and it subsided the next day. So its up to you what does your doctor think?

Jodie
Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:42 pm

Has anyone had green poop a few times a day? and not relapse? I started getting that again last night and am FREAKING! I only have one more xifaxin pill and waiting until doctor opens to call and tell them whats going on.... I guess green poop = c diff

pam2738
Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:15 pm

Other than the green poop yesterday, I don't feel badly. No cramping tho lots of noise. I "went" total of 3 times yesterday including the one giving the sample at the clinic. I "went" this morning -loose & unformed but not a lot & I still don't feel bad.

I googled green poop last night & it can also mean that the "contents" went through the system too fast for the bile to get secreted on time & it's the bile that turns the poop brown-ish. So if that were the case, then one could get green poop from plain old diarrhea. Not sure how valid this is tho.

To answer the other question, I am going to call the clinic today, this morning, to see if the results are back on the sample. The doctor/PA said yesterday she would support me if I wanted to try this right now just with the probiotics but if I got worse to definitely get on the Vanco.

So I guess we'll see what today brings.

Oh, do you all take vitamins & calcium? Does anyone find that either vitamins of calcium make things worse or better? And do you take Ensure too?

Pam

puremess
Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:28 pm

Pam,
When I took Vanco 4 times a day, I took it every 6 hours. That way it was spaced evenly within 24 hours.
Last edited by Bobbie on Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:03 pm

If that is your only concern I wouldnt worry about it just yet. I think Having different color poops is very normal. Mine is never the same. I finished my Xifaxan 6 months ago, and I still have good ones and bad ones. I have now even started having the watery D during my period. but it goes back to normal. Hang in there and wait for your results.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:57 pm

Pam- I have NEVER been able to tolerate vitamins on a daily basis since I became ill with cdiff. It always after about 4 days gives me horrible gas pains and diarrhea and then it takes about one week to rid my body totally of it after stopping it. I have tried every brand and the latest was One A Day essential which does not include minerals (which the doctor felt was causing the problems)........well it works better but I only take them every other day.........some is better than none.
Cindy

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:02 am

I have been thinking on starting a vitamin. I need something,but now I don't know if I should.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:42 pm

As with everything else about cdiff, our reactions to vitamins vary from person to person. All through cdiff I took a multivitamin (I've always taken those), calcium (since I wasn't having much dairy), and A&D (because my doc recommended it; lately I read a post that someone had very low D levels, and I can understand that, with not drinking milk or going outside, so I was glad that I took the A&D combo). I tried B12 at one point, but it didn't seem to make much difference. As far as I could tell, I didn't have reactions to any of these.

Return to “Too Much Information”