panicking

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
puremess
Regular Contributor

panicking

Postby puremess » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:29 am

I woke up this morning feeling fine. I had to go to the bathroom but everything was normal. Then about hour and a half later I got the worst cramps and I had to go to the bathroom. There was no diarhea but really soft stool. On the toilet paper I've notice mucus and the color was yellow like when I had active c-diff. Am I relapsing :(

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:06 pm

I'd give it some more time before deciding if you are relapsing or not. You know the 3-day rule, in the FAQ section? If not, check it out. Don't panic. Since I've been in remission from cdiff, I've had a number of times like you describe. These days they generally only last a day or so. Good luck.

puremess
Regular Contributor

Postby puremess » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:40 pm

Nancy,
Thank you for your response. I read about 3 day rule. I usually follow this 3 day rule. However, I will be going on vacation this Saturday and if I am relapsing I want to catch it earlier rather then later. It's weird because the stool looks exactly (mucousyand yellow)just as when I have active c-diff. I don' know what to think.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:16 pm

puremess,
If you've been off Vanco. or Flagyl for 10 to 14 days ask to be tested right away. See FAQ-Tests. Usually, this will make the test more accurate, but there still are false negatives.

Contact your doc. in any event. You don't want to be sick when you are out of town. I was sick in London last month and was terrified I would be "in hospital" in another country. Be prepared.

Return to “Too Much Information”