Day 6 off Flagyl & wondering

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
pam2738
Regular Contributor

Day 6 off Flagyl & wondering

Postby pam2738 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:21 am

I am starting day 6 off Flagy after 6 weeks on it. The first 4 days were graeat but yesterday & today so far not so. Have some cramping this morning & have "been" 2 times. Not D but just "bits & pieces" & lots of gas.

I did eat Thanksgiving dinner - the usual stuff - but in moderation. And only ate half of a piece of apple pie for dessert. No alcohol. But I had spinach last night & yesterday half of a mocha frappacino from Starbucks. It was decaf but still lots of fat, even tho I only drank half.

Most every day since going off FLagy, I have pooped once or twice but lots of gass. Today now twice, & yesterday 2 or 3 times.

Is this par for the course?

Pam

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:56 pm

Pam,
Yes, this is normal. You might also have IBS or post C. diff. colitis. To help determine the difference, see FAQ-Three Day Rule. Remember, this isn't medical, however. If you become worse suddenly, call your doc.
You probably won't return to "normal" for some time.

A friendly reminder: When you post graphic details, please do so in the TMI forum.

bluemnm37
New User

normal...

Postby bluemnm37 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:59 pm

Pam,

I'm out about 2 weeks now from my last Flagyl dose and I'm STILL not back to normal. I went and saw a GI doc today and she said that if you're system's really been hit hard, it can take a little bit to go back to normal. I don't want to go into graphic detail (i describe some of the things I've been dealing with in the TMI forum if you want to check it out) but I've been far from normal. It could be IBS, which a lot of people can get after CDiff, it could just be your system trying to heal. If things get worse, I would definately go see your doc. I hope you are feeling better!!
Tania

Return to “Too Much Information”