Concern...

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
rkbump5
New User

Concern...

Postby rkbump5 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:47 am

I started Flagyl for c diff last Monday. Finally over the weekend I had ZERO trips to the bathroom!! What a thrill (who would've thought that would be a thrill!) I even went outside for a walk!! But this morning I had that familiar "Uh-oh". (This is the graphic part--sorry) The first tiny bit was really loose yuck and the rest was more formed, very very very soft but more formed. Does this mean the medicine is not working?? Should I be alarmed? I am trying to have faith in the Flagyl but with all I have read it is hard!!

I appreciate any help!
Karen

unhappystomach
Contributor

Postby unhappystomach » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:58 am

When I was being treated for Cdiff - I would have good days and bad. Looking back I attribute the bad days to something I ate and/or stress. Some days are just bad. I would finish your medication and go from there. After only being on this site for a month or two - it is very surprising how different each case really is..

Are you taking probiotics?

rkbump5
New User

Postby rkbump5 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:13 am

Yes, I am taking Culturelle 2 times a day. I feel like all I do is try to figure out how to take all these meds! I hate this so much!!!!!!!!

unhappystomach
Contributor

Postby unhappystomach » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:17 am

I also forgot to mention that the sense of ugency may not go away for a while either. Sometimes I feel urgent, then nothing but a normal poop.

We all hate this.

Someone once welcomed me into the "Club no one wants to join" - its very fitting.

Hang in there, you are not alone and you will get better.

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:50 pm

As long as you are not having watery an frequent diarrhea I would not get too concerned. It's normal to have good days and bad. "Soft serve" like stools and loose stools are common and so is urgency during and after treatment. Of course if it does take a turn for the worse you will need to get a hold of the Dr..
Try not to get discouraged as most people really do get cured w/ one or two rounds of meds.. It's only some of us unlucky ones who take a lot longer. Hopefully, you'll be in the lucky percentile!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:24 am

rkbump5,
Make a list of your meds. make sure to space Flagyl/Vanco. or Questran or probiotics as far apart as possible.

Crissie
Contributor

Postby Crissie » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:29 pm

I also had good and bad days. I would go 3 times a day. The Flagyl is probably working just give it time. It truly does take time for your new "normal" to take affect.

unhappystomach
Contributor

Postby unhappystomach » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:32 pm

Hope all is well with you.

Return to “Too Much Information”