i guess this is the right place.....

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
marlboro8425
New User

i guess this is the right place.....

Postby marlboro8425 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:47 am

i was diagnosed with c-diff and just released from the hospital. i am a 28 year old male and they dont seem to know where i got this from. it seems to be in check now with the ant-biotics with almost all the pain and excessive visits to the bathroom now gone. however, when i do go to the bathroom, it is the same as before. i was wondering if this was normal and when do you start to have solid bowel movements as oppesed to these c-diff ones?? any response would be greatly aprreciated. thank you

dalamy
Regular Contributor

Postby dalamy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:58 am

I had pseudomembranous colitis and it took about a month for my BM pattern to firm up. I went through a period of noodle looking (about the diameter of worms) stools for a while. I guess it was from all of the inflammation. Then when things firmed up, I went just 2 or 3 times a day for a while - that was good for me since when I was at my worst, I was going 50 times a day. But I am not like I was before this whole C. diff. mess - still.

I have been in remission since June 2005 (I had active C. diff. for 5 to 6 months) - and I am still waiting to go back to my normal prior to C. diff. But at least, I only go once a day now. Oftentimes, my stools are fragmented and flaky. I just had a bad day today though. So the saga continues...
Amy

MaryT
Regular Contributor

Postby MaryT » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:50 pm

I don't think you are ever 'the same' after cdiff. I think particularly if you continue to take probiotics and never did in the past....because I feel they 'change things' to some extent as well.

Lana
Contributor

Postby Lana » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:16 am

Even with symptom relief on meds, my BMs have still never gone back to normal. I have had c-diff 5 months now. I generally don't have watery D when on meds, but always have loose stools.

Return to “Too Much Information”