Brave Question

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Lana
Contributor

Brave Question

Postby Lana » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:46 am

Personal Question: Sorry, had to ask!
Since we are all so careful with cleanliness and not infecting others...
Should we avoid intimacy to avoid infecting our partners? What do you think? I know we can bathe and shower, but never really feel clean like before having this! I know when you are deep in the throes of c-diff it's a no go, but what about when you're feeling better (though not cured)?

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:33 am

Lana,
I think that as long as you are carefull and maybe shower after words (just to be safe) being intimat is fine. As long as you have the energy and feel up to it ( I never did..lol) I think its fine, there are a few people on here that had sex while batteling CDiff.
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

Sheila1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Sheila1 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:25 pm

Hi Lana,

Like with everything else, it's the hand/oral route that we have to be careful of. So, obviously oral sex would be best avoided I'm thinking. (I'm not sure about after one is completely symptom free, because I haven't been able to find info. on whether we shed spores always or only when sick.)

Otherwise, I say, enjoy the dance to the utmost and when the music stops - both of you wash your hands thoroughly :)

~Sheila

Return to “Too Much Information”