the "skinny" of things...

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Sheila1
Long Time Contributor

the "skinny" of things...

Postby Sheila1 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:36 am

Someone posted, a few weeks ago, about stools becoming real skinny and snake-like but I can't find the post (did searches).

Well, it seems I arrived at that junction a little over a week ago so was wondered about everyone else again. Seems to have started after I tapered down to 1 dose (500mg) vanco per day, though I don't think that was the actual cause, per se.

Along those lines, it seems like my rectum is kind of numb now. I'm not sure if it's a result of the over-inflammation when I was in the throes of CDiff - or something unhappy from my hysterectomy. But to explain the numb (sorry) it's like I feel things moving higher up but the actual elimination is not "felt" very well. I also have some rectal pain when I exert any effort... it's difficult to tell what is CDiff related and what might be surgically related.

Any help or info would be appreciated!
Sheila

ickytummy
Regular User

Postby ickytummy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:12 pm

I had the skinny stools when I was at the worst with c-diff. They would be really thin and mushy. Right now I'm doing the probiotic thing which seems to help keep everything bulky. Are you on any probiotics? Also are you eating a lot? And getting enough fiber? When mine were really skinny, before I knew I had c-diff, I was barely eating cause my stomach hurt so bad and it hurt so bad to eat. I think that caused them to be so thin too. Do you have any abdominal pain or other symptoms? Your body could just be healing still.

Sheila1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Sheila1 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:35 pm

Hi ickytummy,

I'm not sick at the moment... I just finished the vanco Sept. 16th (from 2nd relapse) and am waiting to see if I relapse a 3rd time. I've done pretty good so far but do have some relaps-y feelings and some abdominal pains that come and go (which I didn't have while on the vanco); and still have the sore areas in my abdomen. I'm not convinced yet that I won't relapse...but I'm hopeful.

I'm eating good, plus taking probiotics, and eating 3 or 4 yogurts a day and drinking a glass of citrucel every day. So I don't think it's that... I know it will take awhile for things to get back to any sort of normalcy (if they do). I just remembered there being this topic awhile back, maybe August, and several people had noticed the same thing.

ickytummy
Regular User

Postby ickytummy » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:37 am

I took my last Vanco around the same time...Sept. 22. I was feeling pretty good until this morning when I had the big D. But it was only once and I didn't have any other symptoms like cramps or anything. I don't know if that means a relapse is coming. I'm going to try and keep it under control with the probiotics. I really don't want to have to do a longer dose of Vanco! Hopefully we're both on the way to recovery!!

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:50 pm

Hey guys hang in there. There are many scary moments after having c-diff. I had quite a few, but have been c-diff free for a few months now. You might delevope IBS. There are meds to treat it and it IS better than c-diff. Just hang in there and remember it will eventually go away but does still effect the mind at times and every D moments will probably make you panic a bit but wait it out a couple days. Good luck!!

dalamy
Regular Contributor

Postby dalamy » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:51 am

I too had the noodle looking stools when I was the sickest - February and March of 2005. It was unlike anything I had ever seen before - it scared me - seriously - like something from a Science Fiction movie - seriously. By April and May things improved. When I relapsed at the end of May after stopping the Vancomycin, I went back to the nodles and then unformed stools - kind of flaky. I took one last 14 day course of Vancomycin and have been in remission since June 2005. It is now October 2006 and I am still not like I was before C. diff. The only product that seems to be helping so far for me is Digestive Advantage - Crohn's & Colitis. It's firming things up and I look more like I used to. But I still am not like my old self by any means! I hope this helps.

Return to “Too Much Information”