Looking for Advice

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Kim
New User

Looking for Advice

Postby Kim » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:42 pm

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on some advice.

I'm currently on day 11 out of 14 during my 3rd round of Flagyl and still notice small amoutns of mucus in my stool. I'm assuming that my C.Diff case is rather mild but stubborn b/c I do not have the cramping like most people nor do I have blood in my stool noe do I have diarreah (it's just soft). I just have days where I feel more bloated then others. .

Giving that Thursday will be my last day of treatment, and I'm assuming that because the mucus is not gone yet it prob will not go away. Should I wait it out before going back to my doctors in hopes that maybe I can deal with it and just continue on with the Bio K+ and lots of yogurt in hopes that it will go away?

What is your advice for people who have had relapses?

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:05 pm

Kim,
I had mucus throughout the time I had cdiff, of course more with relapses, and even now, after (I hope!) beating it. I've been off of vanco since June 18 and still see it once in a while. What were your symptoms during your previous relapses? My guess is that you don't need to worry about the mucus unless your other symptoms come back too. See the 3-day rule under the FAQ section. Of course, check with your doc if you feel worse. Good luck.

Kim
New User

Postby Kim » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:24 am

Hi Judi,

My symptoms from the previous rounds were simply mucus and bloating and because I didn't know much about C.Diff I automatically paniced when I saw mucus in my stool and ran to teh doc office. because I had never seen it before! The odd time I may get cramps but Ithey go away one the gas is out!! I'm wondering maybe I'll just have to live with and continue on with the probiotics and supplements and hope on day my stools return to normal.

So when you say you're C.Diff free. your side effects are gone but the odd time you will see mucus? If this is so then maybe we will always carry some with us?

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:31 am

You can also have mucus with IBS. You actually have most of the same symptoms as c-diff

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:02 am

Kim,
I understand that even after we are "over" cdiff, it takes a while (maybe a year or more?) for our colons to recover. And I don't think I have IBS. Yes, so far the horrid D and other side effects are mostly gone for me, although sometimes they (mucus, D, pain, even a little blood) return long enough to scare me. Then I hold on tight to the 3-day rule!

Kim
New User

Postby Kim » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:51 pm

Thanks Nancy!!

My doc told me to try weaning myself off flagyl since it's my 3rd round. Today I only took 1 pill in the morning prior to work and I felt so good today. I panic that once i'm completely off it will come back. I canonly hope and keep my fingers crossed that I have many more days like I did today!

I'll keep posting and let you know. My finger are crossed for all of us!!

Cheers:):):)

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:09 pm

Kim,
Usually, mucus means irritation -- which C. diff. causes -- big time. If I were you (and I am not in the medical profession), I would wait to call the doc. UNLESS the situation becomes worse. If ever in doubt, however, call your doc. That is why you pay him/her.

ickytummy
Regular User

Postby ickytummy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:03 pm

I've had mucus the entire time....even when I'm on antibiotics. I think it just takes a long time for your colon to heal properly.

Kim
New User

Postby Kim » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:00 am

I hope you are right ickytummy! It's my second day and I feel better then ever. My fingers are crossed that I keep feeling as good as I have been. But I still have in the back of my mind I was good right after the antibiotics the last few rounds and then the beast hit me again!!

unhappystomach
Contributor

Postby unhappystomach » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:18 pm

Hi Kim, your symptoms sounds similar to mine. I hope you are well these days and would love to hear an update!

Return to “Too Much Information”