my update

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
txsvicki
New User

my update

Postby txsvicki » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:11 am

Decided to post this here since it's not really a treatment and not a good idea for others to do but still wanted to share. I posted months back about 2 kids, disabled husband and I all catching possible Giardia. Kids got over it except have lactose intolerance. Husband lost up to 30 lbs. and scopes showed no c diff or anything. I showed up to have c diff but no one else in family, so I had double whammy. After suffering for a year with nausea, stomach aches, and diahrrea everytime I was forced to take an antibiotic, I finally started having irritation feeling in the colon. One night after having two major upsets affecting my family, I read on a colitis forum that nicotine would cause people to get rid of colitis symptoms. I don't smoke but after reading this and being so upset and tired of suffering, I did begin to smoke a few cigarettes per day. It totally cured my stomach problems. I am thinking of going to see a doctor about temporarily getting on a nicotine patch. May not be a good idea but I can beat an addiction way easier than beating some toxin in my body and I've not seen anything on this forum about this. Good luck to all. I hardly ever read here anymore except occasionally to look at media reports and treatments.

Sheila1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Sheila1 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:58 am

Hi txs,

I have read the smoking helps ulcerative colitis but not other types. I am a smoker and it's not helping the Cdiff at all.

If I'm not mistaken it is the smoke that enters the gut when inhaling that affects the ulcerative colitis, I'm not sure patches would work but would certainly be safer to try than smoking!

Best of luck!
Sheila

Return to “Too Much Information”