Golden Globes...and I don't mean the awards!

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Paolo
New User

Golden Globes...and I don't mean the awards!

Postby Paolo » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:17 pm

Hello fellow journeyers...

I'm new to this group, but I don't feel so new to C Diff--just started my third round today (my last day on 250 mg of Vanc, 4X daily for a month!). Anyway, I've been anxious to ask someone who might know, and I figured this is the place. I'm beginning to wonder whether the docs are the ones to be asking much of anything!

When I'm going through an active period, I see yellowish-gold globules in my stool. There are just a few, and they tend to float, but are sometimes embedded if the stool is at all formed. At first I thought it was undigested corn, but then I realized I hadn't had corn for weeks. These have appeared every time the D reappears. They look a lot like a picture of the pseudomembranes I saw on the walls of the colon from a photo of a colonoscopy somewhere on the web. I'm wondering whether anyone else has noticed this.

I never thought I'd develop ANY interest in scatology, but its amazing what this bug has done in my life. Sorry about the uck factor. I know you know what I mean. ;-)

Paolo

pottybreak
New User

Postby pottybreak » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:59 am

Could the globules be mucus? I usually start getting the mucus when things are beginning to act up, it looks yellowish and can even have little amounts of blood along with it at times. Sometimes it is independent of a bowel movement(just having to go mucus) and sometimes it is connected to stool.

Allison
Administrator

Postby Allison » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:35 am

"I never thought I'd develop ANY interest in scatology, but its amazing what this bug has done in my life."

ROFL!!!!!....can definitely relate.
I agree it's probably mucous. I had the same thing during relapses.
Thought I read somewhere another possibility is "fatty stools" due to troubles in the GI tract - they always float supposedly.
Since it only occurs when the cdiff is active, I'd vote for the mucous.
You might want to mention it to your doc, but just sounds like another part of lovely cdiff.

Paolo
New User

Thanks

Postby Paolo » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:07 pm

You could both well be right. There's certainly plenty of that to go around. I find myself almost jumping for joy when all I see is brown for a change! (YUCK!!)

Sheila1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Sheila1 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:33 am

I have had the very same thing - initially, and with each relapse. It has kinda become my "flagship signal" that "it" (medicine of the day) ain't workin'.

I'm thinking like you - it looks exactly like the pus shown in pictures associated with pseudomembranous colitis. On each occasion, by the time I was sort of 'done' with the current episode of 'run-em-over' (REO) to get to the bathroom stage there was always a little blood attached to the yellow stuff. I recall reading somewhere that pus, as well as mucous, will sometimes appear.

Yep, never thought I'd examine the things I examine now....never thought I'd discuss my bodily production with my hubby either, but it has become quite the joke - and definitely helps maintain my sense of humor!!
~Sheila

Return to “Too Much Information”