c-diff test

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
nsewell
Long Time Contributor

c-diff test

Postby nsewell » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:27 pm

Do any of you know if they can test a stool that is kinda formed?? Or does it have to be watery D??

ickytummy
Regular User

Postby ickytummy » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:15 pm

i actually asked them if they could test it if it was watery....they said they could test it either way.....my first test came back positive and it was formed because i had taken an imodium earlier in the week.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:00 pm

I took in a mushy sample. They said I should know by the end of the day? I thought it took longer so now I dont know if I should trust a neg result. If its neg the doc wants me to start the Lotronex for IBS.

ickytummy
Regular User

Postby ickytummy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:51 pm

that is really fast for a result! at least you don't have to wait. i was wary to trust my negative result too...it really is so hard to tell if its c-diff or the supposed "ibs".

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:10 pm

ickytummy,
You are right it is hard to tell the difference but, a big sign that it is NOT IBS is if you have a fever, blood and significant weight loss. As long as you DONT have any of these symptoms it is more then likely IBS. You also have to go with your gut, if your gut is tell you that it is CDiff no matter what the symptoms are, go and get a test done. It is always better safe then sorry.

nsewell,
I really hope that everything turns out ok for you!! Let us know what the results are. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Heather
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:23 pm

Well they say neg for Toxin A and B. I guess thats good news but so hard to trust the tests. My stools have always been neg , so theyd do a scope and see it. I will start the Lotronex again and see what happens. I have been off meds for a long time with this test though. Before I was always on Vanco.

Ickytummy -- How are you doing? Are you still off the meds??

ickytummy
Regular User

Postby ickytummy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:54 pm

Yea I just took my last dose this morning....and then I just started the probiotics too. I have 3 Flora-Q's left that my doctor gave me so I'm going to finish those. And then I bought some Culterelle today too. I still feel about the same, no improvement, but i haven't gone downhill either!

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:48 am

hang in there. Ive had a bumpy road the last few months but I guess im c-diff neg. so I guess it takes awhile to be normal again.

Return to “Too Much Information”