Concerned

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
gokuma71
Brand New Poster

Concerned

Postby gokuma71 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:55 pm

Hi all,
I just finshed a 10 day horrible period of Flagyl and I have been off of it for 4 days, In these past 4 days I've been feeling better from all the side effects of the Flagyl but today when I woke up and used the restroom I had mucus in the stool again and then I went this afternoon again and all I released is mucus. I don't have pain except for some minor back discomfort. My question is, do you guys think I 'm relapsing? Or is it normal to have some mucus even after the antiibiotic. I will be seeing my doctor again next Wednesday.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:26 pm

I've had mucus during relapses and mucus during what I hope is a successful end to my cdiff (so far I've been off of vanco 66 days). For me, if it's a relapse it keeps getting worse (more pain) and more frequent (up to every 10 - 30 minutes). See the 3-day rule under FAQs; if this goes on for 3 days or gets worse, I'd take a sample (even if it hasn't been 10 - 14 days yet) and check with your doc. Good luck.

Return to “Too Much Information”