Trip to Monterey not going well

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Trip to Monterey not going well

Postby Lissaucd » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:22 am

Never fails- I try to do something out of my Comfort zone and it back fires. Went to Monterey with my husband and daughter overnight. Had a great time yesterday enjoyed a glass and a half of wine. Today woke up had a perfect stool. An hour later I had to run to the bathroom in a little bit came out with mucus before I made it to the bathroom. I have never had that before even when having C-diff. It was D but not pure water. Looked like applesauce TMI I’m sorry. But I’m also super anxious about being on vacation. I also tried foods that I usually do not try and wine. Can someone please calm me down so I can enjoy the rest of my vacation?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Trip to Monterey not going well

Postby NanciT » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:54 pm

I hope things are going better now, LOVE Monterey! I have not been able to have ANY alcohol since 2015! If I have a glass of wine.....my GI goes crazy. I have tried several times over the years. Red, White..........but that is just me. It is a real irritant.

Maybe hold off the alcohol and stick with simple foods??? We always go to ROSINE'S when in Monterey. All kinds of food but the BEST CLUB Sandwich for me( hold the bacon) and never any issues. Check it out.

Enjoy your time, it's a beautiful place. We will be there in August.

NanciT

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:49 pm

Thank you Nancy!!! Guess everyone has had a “shart” experience. I guess my first had to be on my vacation! Not making to the bathroom has never happened before … I’m traumatized We ate at the schooers at the plaza where we are staying! It was so good, guess I shouldn’t have ate some of my daughters fried fish and chips either.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:30 pm

Yikes!! Stick with BLAND for now. I know, its no fun. Need things to settle. I have been to Scooners, beautiful views and that is where we stay also.

We picked up food at Rosines TWICE while there. Long lines but if you call in pick up works well. Vast menu, some bland too!

I hope things improve!!

NanciT

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:48 pm

Thanks for everything nancy! I was able to take my daughter to the beach, Dennis the Menis park and walk around. Makes me feel like it was something I ate for sure. I did take my two pepto pills- I know Beth recommends it when things go a little off! We are headed home - I think I’ll wait to eat until I get home to play it safe! Thanks for the food advice! I will try Rosines for sure next time! My hubby is plumbing one of the new restaurants so I’m sure we will back!

Thanks 100x nancy!!!!!!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:06 am

It never seems to fail with me when I travel either. I always take my Pepto along just in case. Even a change in water can throw me off, so I bring along my bottles of water.

Return to “Too Much Information”