Complete lab result

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
devo343
Contributor

Complete lab result

Postby devo343 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:55 am

sry to keep making threads that go on and on but i just got a call with a complete lab result saying that its likely i have irritable bowel syndrome consisting of Crohns disease. What does that even mean consisting of? these are urgent care doctors so im not sure if they really know much im not even having Ibd symptoms there more ibs then anything but they often overlap. im not passing blood or anything which really tells it out from ibs. it could be a minor form of ibd but im not sure im kinda freaked out right now, its not even common to get ibd after cdiff i never had gut problems before cdiff im not sure if these tests often overlap or not. im not sure but could use some advice.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: Complete lab result

Postby Ril » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:56 pm

IBS and Crohn’s are 2 different things.
You should make an appointment with your GI dr or at the very least, ask the urgent care dr who you saw to explain. They are qualified to understand the meaning of the results.
We cannot interpret incomplete lab results here.

Good luck,
Rita

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:01 am

Talk to your doctor like Rita said. I had a specific blood panel for IBD that the GI ordered and it was negative. There is also a blood test for IBS now. A GI is who you should see.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:19 am

Are you sure it does not say "consistent"
You have been diagnosed with IBS.
The "consistant" part means possibly crones as symptoms your telling the Dr you have can be similar.
Dr can only go by what you tell him and reeling off lots of mild symptoms can result in overdiagnosis.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:52 am

They said consistent with also I have no information on inflammation markers in the blood so idk where they got the idea that it's that not even on the test results they released they specifically said "Hi {my name} Based on the lab work its likely you have irritable bowel disease{Corrected them to ibs bc its not even called that anymore} Consistent with Crones diease

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:01 am

IBD and IBS are two different things. Crohn's is IBD as is ulcerative colitis. The panel of blood tests for IBD is different thatn the test for IBS.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:36 am

im not sure why they think its crones i go into a gi today again i have no information on inflammation markers and no test results for ibd and ibs so unless there withholding that information not sure i really dont think its chrones its very unlikely/ Maybe because people go to urgent cares with bad abdominal pain and ibd is there ususal diagnoses they said irrtibale bowel diease first but i corrected them to ibs and they said yes that so i think they may be confused

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:54 am

Got to a GI and they basically said it's more then likely what I'm experiencing is PI-IBS and he would be surprised if it isn't. They gave me a fecal calprotection test that I completed which my stuff always looks worse when it's in a hat lol so I'm waiting on that they also said there retesting my billeruben and if it's uncongulated it's most likely Gilbert's syndrome (did have jaundice as a baby) the main guy in the department came in also older and probably more experienced and he said he sees it a billion times and he thinks too it's Pi-ibs. They said the calprotection test can be high but if its over 200-250 I'll probably need a colonoscopy. One of the funny things the urgent care didn't even send over the information for him too look at I pulled up the results on my phone. He said my ALT is high but considered considered normal to the urgent care . He also gave me a werid look when they said the urgent care thought I had crones.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:43 am

I'm not much for urgent care centers for stuff like that. It's different if you have a high fever, are bleeding, etc. but a GI would be much better at diagnosing this. Wait and see what your results show.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:07 am

Got all my results back and my calprotection level was 18mcg so no inflammation in my colon atleast the liver function also came back with high billeruben still and i got a gilberts syndrome diagnoses so yes. Most likely what im experiencing is PI-IBS i assumed thats what it was by default but i wanted to make sure

Return to “Too Much Information”