Werid recovery things

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
devo343
Contributor

Werid recovery things

Postby devo343 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:44 am

Continuation of my last post I've noticed a pattern that follows roughly 70% of the time 2 bms in the morning that are usually very loose and mushy but not full blown d and then the 3rd BM in the evening is usually the healthiest it looks it's very unusual I've also had someone tell me the reason for white pieces in my stools is leaky gut but I'm not 100% sure of that. I don't think I'm gonna be able to wait till may 13th to get some tests done. I may just go to an urgent care and ask if they can refer me to a GI if they even have the ability to. Not sure if this is all aniexty fuled but I really need some answers

i am starting to gain my weight back which is good that does not indicate a severe GI issue and its just more ibs then anything my bm are still not the best looking but i have noticed there are more events of healthy looking type 4s or type 3s but still most of the time its small type 4s that crumble apart and a blend btween that and mush

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Werid recovery things

Postby beth22 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:39 am

You could have food intolerances. I was not able to eat a lot of foods after c diff that I could eat before. Maybe keep a food diary and write down what you eat and see if you notice any particular offenders. Probably a good idea to have some tests before May 13 since that is 6 weeks away.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:00 am

When a person has PI-IBS D how can you tell its not cdiff D is the smell alone enough to make sure its not it had a bout of it this morning prob pushing the TMI abit but it smells more like normal D or at least the smell i remember even before cdiff. its also very sudden and this is the 2nd time in the last 2 months that its happened when i eat randomly not related to food within 10 minutes its like my gut tries to aggressively remove what is left to make room for new food

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:02 pm

Passing stool immediately after a meal is usually the result of the gastrocolic reflex, which is a normal bodily reaction to food entering the stomach. Almost everyone will experience the effects of the gastrocolic reflex from time to time. However, its intensity can vary from person to person.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:09 pm

Got some blood work done today to confirm if it's anything else or just Ibs all this time

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:19 am

They didn't tell me specifically what they tested for but I said I told them I'm suspecting it's Ibs but I wasn't sure and they took about 5 vials of blood to test and if I don't get a phone call within the next few days that's a good sign that my blood work is normal and a pretty likely confirmation that it's Ibs if I do get a phone call there gonna refer me to a GI depending on the severity the nurse suspects it's Ibs but what's the blood work to come back normal my birthday is coming up on Tuesday hopefully I don't spend my birthday with a bad phone call
They called it a Ibs workup test apprntly they can test for IBS if certain proteins are present in the blood or something like that. And Ill get my results in the mail if I don't get a phone call

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:01 am

Yes, there is a blood test for IBS now. I had it a couple of years ago. There are also blood tests for IBD.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:57 pm

Would Mutiple small type 4s with no mucus on it or very very little that has this sort of mushy raggedy look to it be very cdiffy it doesnt smell like cdiff would that still be considerrd solid its not falling apart in the toilet but it has a concerning look to it. I did have some pork a day ago so im not sure if i cant handle pork yet and thats whats causing it

sry to keep asking questions over and over again just any unusal thing sets me off

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:52 pm

The main thing with a full blown c diff infection is that it gets progressively worse. If you have weird stools here and there or D, but it gets better and then worse again, it sounds more like IBS and can depend on what you eat. Speak to your doctor if you think it could be a relapse, but my GI always told me that unless I had WD or D that did not improve, he would not treat even if I tested positive.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:26 pm

And the copious bathroom trips no matter the shape of the stool lately it's been 2-4 a day which is still in the realm of normal i don't know my aniexty always treats flare ups as oh it's coming back

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:59 am

If it continues and doesn't let up, then I would contact your doctor. If it gets better and kind of comes and goes that is different. But, for your own peace of mind, you might want to talk to your doctor and see about testing.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:35 am

im not sure if the bloodwork would show a cdiffy infection im not sure there testing white blood cell count and antibodies i know first time i had it i didnt even have a fever it felt like i had stomach bug

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:06 am

i dont have the huge urgency i had with cdiff it was beyond horrible when i have the urge to go i can kinda control and calm it down when i cant go whch doesnt scream cdiff to me if i had cdiff and had to go i could not control it the first time im not sure if it is back its just more mild then the first time but this has been going on for roughly 3 months if it was cdiff i think i would get worse by now When i said copious bathroom trips i was referring to a general cdiff infection i should have emphasized that

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:44 am

got a call from the doctor my cbc levels are normal and not all of my gi results came back yet but i have elevated levels of billiruben which may indicate there is issues with my liver or damage is this a common thing after cdiff?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:21 pm

I got elevated pancreatic enzymes after c diff, but my liver was okay. I know medication can affect the liver. Is your GI planning on doing any kind of abdominal scans?

Return to “Too Much Information”