Werid recovery things

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
devo343
Contributor

Re: Werid recovery things

Postby devo343 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:35 am

No this was done though a urgent care they said they sent out a referral for a GI and I'm hopefully gonna get a call within 2 weeks and then then the gi is gonna further investigate if my GI problems are indeed just Ibs the thing that freaks me out the most is I have had darkened stools that allmost look black but I'm not sure are black or are just really dark brown it comes and goes. Not having any other symptoms of a ulcer

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:49 am

Remind us how old you are.
Are you taking pepto?
That might answer why your stool is dark.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:14 am

Im 20M i do not take pepto but color alternates btween that questionable color to brown to light brown i have no other symptoms of an ulcer other then recurrent abdominal pain which i think is ibs im also not sure if it acutaly is black or my aniexty is making me think its black it is dark tho but i can still see some level of brown on it. i took a pic of it but you guys are most likely not wanting to see that lol

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:21 am

Some foods can cause a very dark color too. When I eat spinach, for example that happens. Blueberries, beef, dark green vegetables, etc. It is easy to check for blood in the stool with a test.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:18 am

yeah it allways turns that unusal color after eating dark meats had a bout of watery D this morning prob related to some birthday cake i had last night again not cdiffy smelling and it wasnt super urgent to go and was not violent to come out like with cdiff so im hoping its just that been having alot of episodes of d lately not sure why it seems the pattern like this morning goes from solid usual looking normal stool to just watery D for no reason about an hour later

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:37 pm

See this is what's making me think it's Ibs Full blown watery d next BM it's thin but solid no other GI disorder will cause that other then Ibs I got really freaked out this morning due to that I quess cake is a super big offender apprntly

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:34 am

all my blood work came back normal my bilirubin is still elevated my aniexty ofc is thinking what if its high because i still have a cdiff infection its just very minor

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:03 pm

can cdiff damage the liver? thats the only thing im thinking could be the problem i have never had a liver function test so im not sure if its allways been that high i did have jaundice as a baby really hoping its not something crazy like hepatitis or something unheard of following cdiff or im thinking it could be a benign thing like gilberts or something

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:38 pm

Your Dr would need to look into your liver results.
If you think you might have hepatitis or liver problems ask for your Dr advice.
We can not diagnose.
This is a support site not a medical site.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:30 am

is it possible for a cdiff infection to present itself not in a normal way? i will be officially 3 months post tomorrow so at this point the chance of relapse is just about zero i hope but i still worry that my ibs symptoms are maybe a relapse just very very minor ive only been going 2-3 times a day with it alternating all over the bristol stool chart they often look mushy but are not covered in mucus like with my orginal cdiff they look solid but often look like they will fall apart easily this has been going on for nearly all that time so i think it would have gotten worse by now but. My first occurance did have the smell and i try to look for that and i have had similar smells but not that putrid odor ive also been gaining weight slowly which means that my gut is asboring nurtirents. Which is not typical of a cdiff infection even minor or mild. Im not sure how rare that is i have read for some people there 1st relaspe is alot more mild so im not sure i quess the only way to really confirm it is a toxin test. im thinking it really is just ibs because i dont feel like unwell or sick and lack of appetite like i did with cdiff

its like my aniexty refuses to finally calm down and move on and realize its not coming back because the second i do it comes back with a vengeance.

i also should mention that ill pass normal sausage shaped stools but they often look very ragged and loose and looks like they will fall apart but they usually don't they usually stay where they land. There not covered in mucus alot of the time they just don't look right but im not sure if this is to be expected. Sometimes i do have normal looking stools without that ragged look but its about 40% of the time

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:43 am

Your stools can be all over the place. Even if you do have mild c difficile, doctors do not treat that and in time the body will take care of it. I tested positive for over two years and did not treat. My doctor told me to take Pepto Bismol if I needed it and I rarely did.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:00 am

gotcha hopefuly i will get a call this friday for a gi and get a appointment soon i allready have plenty of bm records to show them and pics if needed to point in a direction of anything

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:53 pm

Write down your questions as you think of them and keep the list to go over with the doctor. I do that so I don't forget something.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:37 am

So its been 3 months and im still not having huge improvement is 3 months still too soon? ive also noticed that i will feel really bad in the morning but as the day goes on ill feel better and then it repeats the next day

my most prominent symptoms are still questionable looking stools and pretty much constant abdominal discomfort. i have notcied that im not getting as much mucus in my stools as much anymore but there still not very great and healthy looking

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:01 am

After I had my FMT, the doctor told me I should expect recovery to take about a year.

Return to “Too Much Information”