Fear of relaspe or PI-IBS

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: Fear of relaspe or PI-IBS

Postby Ril » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:26 pm

It doesn’t matter as long as things are getting better.
And stop taking pictures of your poo!!!
Talk about obsessing…you have to stay busy with other things and try to divert your attention. We have all been through it but try to find a more healthy pastime than the toilet.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:58 pm

allright ill try

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:54 pm

i think i asked this before not sure but can floraster twice a day mask a potential infection just asking since im wondering if i could have it again but its not D im not sure if its strong enough too

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:56 pm

No…no…no
Nothing will mask an infection
Try to accept good news! Stay busy and keep your mind occupied
No d, no c diff

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:08 pm

thanks I have established the abdominal pain is aniexty related im gonna take a break from this website and try to start focusing on other things and move on at least in some capacity im a month out i have read the highest risk time frame is 1-3 weeks. Im still taking floraster and going to for the next few months just to make sure i can help my gut as much as possible.Ill come back if i think its back but im getting a better understanding of whats PI-IBS and whats not

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:27 am

I'm back for another question so for the past few days I've been having stools that are solid but semi crumbly but they will float for about 15 seconds and then sink what is this a indication of? Is it something I need to worry about

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:59 am

Also whats the chance of relaspe close to 8 weeks out im about there but was just wondering what the chance is after this point.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:29 pm

I've also been having these really bad days where I'll have alot of bloating and abdominal pain which is really hard to differinate between it coming back or just a random Ibs episode BM during these days ranges from 2-4 and it's more just pain and uncomfortable then anything. But I can never shake the aniexty of it resurfacing despite being close to 8 weeks out today has been one of those days and really at that point all I have to go off of is lack of excessive m in the stools and no frequent watery movements

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:32 pm

The further out you are, the less chance of it relapsing, but it is not impossible. I relapsed once after 4 months, but that is unusual. The more good flora your intestines can build up, the better chance you have. Try to eat a balanced diet with the foods that do not cause you IBS.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:35 pm

I apologize for all these aniexty rambles I'm working on getting some type of therapy after this it's really done a number on my mental health and made me severely paranoid and anxious about every little flare up

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:06 pm

The anxiety is very common, do not feel alone in this. I highly recommend therapy, CDIFF is terrible to emotionally get over especially if you have had a relapse. That fear is tough to deal with. Seeing that is part of the solution and you do!

Just remember how far you have come with this, now is the time to put it behind you and recover from not only the PIBS but also the emotional issues that go along with it.

Often it takes time, therapy can help you through

Take Care

NanciT

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:57 pm

I know how you feel. Look up my prior posts, I have anxiety about it very, very bad. In fact, I’m currently dealing with an upset stomach and D right now!!! My mind is all over the place with worry. But I’m thinking it was the peanut butter bagel I had for lunch. I’m not use to eating bagels Ans I ate it super fast(I’m a mama so I move at the speed of light!) and on top of it, we have friends coming over for dinner. I think that made me a little anxious too as we haven’t had anyone over due to Covid. I just have to keep telling myself, I had a sensitive stomach before cdiff. So this wouldn’t have been unusual for me in the past. I’m seeing a new therapist too- only had two sessions. I’m hoping it will help. Right now, I’m praying that the two pepto pills I just had will work and I can just forget and learn from this flare up. Hang in there!! Please feel free to message me anytime- bc I totally understand how you feel.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:51 am

Just wanna let people know i booked a apointment with a GP first a GI needs a referal but i gotta wait till may 13th. I wanna get some tests done like calprotection and some others tho im not sure how common it is for someone to get IBD after cdiff then it is more IBS. Im still doing OK not normal and perfect but the fear of it coming back is fading as im over 9 weeks post cdiff now

one funny thing when this site was down i did notice my aniexty skyrocket but as time went on it dwindled

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:47 am

Usually it is IBS, not IBD, although we have had some posters who did get IBD or perhaps had it before and the c diff triggered it. Get your tests and don't worry about it until then. Write everything down as it comes to your mind before your appt, so you don't forget to mention what is of concern to you.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:26 am

also are flat and unusually long bm a typical ibs thing.

Return to “Too Much Information”