Fear of relaspe or PI-IBS

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Fear of relaspe or PI-IBS

Postby beth22 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:55 pm

Covid may take longer to leave the GI tract. I just read an article yesterday about a child who was complaining about GI pain weeks after she got over Covid and they found it in her GI tract still. I don't know how common that is, but it may stay a little longer than you think.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:45 am

Ik this is for CDIFF but what is the chance of getting SIBO with cdiff and recovering. I feel like since i had cdiff that i potentially have sibo aswell

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:55 am

I did get SIBO after c difficile, but I had many relapses that were treated with an awful lot of vanco and then I had FMT that also introduced bacteria into my small intestine because the first one I had was put into the duodenum from the upper tract. You need to give it some time after your treatment and if symptoms continue ask your doctor about testing for SIBO. If you have it, you can treat with diet alone. Mine was a very bad case and I wound up taking Xifaxan.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:16 am

thanks for the response ive been able to tolerate alot of food now without major problems. had a pizza(my favorite food) few nights ago without any major problems (the first 2 weeks if i ate anything that was not bagels or english muffins i was in the bathroom). Ive been able to tolerate most dairy products expect for whole milk but the issues are minor and tolerable and i assume the issues will resolve with time. BM are still all over the place and vary in appearance and consistency. But i have noticed unless i eat a trigger food BM have been decreasing to about 2-3 times a day which is what i was at normally

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:25 am

as of today im 1 month post cdiff whats the chance of relapse past this point? and im worried floraster is masking a potential infection but idk if floraster is even strong enough to do that i gave myself a rule to take 2 flora for a month and then i would go back down to 1 a day since my flora has had 1 month to recover. Still deathly afraid of relaspeing but im able to eat normal without much issue again. I have noticed that cdiff has made my aniexty symptoms in the abdominal area much much worse and its very painful when i get anxious which further makes my worrys worse as abdominal pain is a symptom of cdiff. it has been a mental rollercoaster.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:41 pm

The further out you get from treatment, the better the chances of not having a relapse as your flora builds up. Florastor only has one probiotic yeast in it, so it really wouldn't do that much. I don't know if one or two makes much of a difference. Do what works best for you.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:57 am

Having another period of bad aniexty over this. Abdomen hurts again and the PI-IBS{i hope} didnt present itself in the normal way so im worried since its diffrent then my usual flare ups that its coming back.The aniexty over it is further making it worse. No D tho and no M tho idk if floraster will cause no M in the stool when there is an active infection

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:54 am

About a week ago I read an article that talked about Covid staying in the GI tract for a while even after a person tested negative and the other symptoms were gone. Some study that was done. So, it is possible I guess that Covid is still what caused the upset.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:34 am

Had Some M in it this morning but it was still solid and sausage like but i do not usually have this much M. So im gonna call and ask for a toxin test specifically just to make sure its not coming back.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:59 am

Most labs will not test solid stool…they are not supposed to. Stool is supposed to be soft enough to take the shape of the container to be tested. Mucous usually means irritation to the bowel, not necessarily any kind of colitis and is common in IBS. Make sure you explain your symptoms when requesting a test. It sounds like an exacerbation of IBS or a “hangover” from COVID but not cdiff.

Rita

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:12 pm

its been over 2 weeks since i had covid can it still persist that long?

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:21 pm

and i should mention im not going over 3 times a day and the BM are pretty spread out but if the infection is just now starting and this is the starting symptoms but not sure its been 3 days so i don't know if thats enough time for the infection to take hold

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:16 pm

Ok so i tried to remember when i had the first bout of it.{I took a pic of my stuff when i was having the still yet confirmed issue} this was on jan 3rd i started taking the antibiotic on the 6th or 7th so i deteriorated very quickly in that 3 day window. im comparing both that pic and what im passing now and they look nothing alike the pic looks alot less formed increadbly mushy and greenish the stuff im passing now while still has bits of M on it looks more of a healthy brown and multiple small sausage like but still falling apart easily. and my abdominal pain its been 3 days now while mostly constant has not got much worse same for the stools or at least the new normal. Im just very worried that i passed alot more M then usual accompanied by this abdominal pain has me abit worried but. Another thing if i distract myself with a stimulating thing the pain lessens but not going away completely which makes me think its aniexty related. im driving myself insane over symptoms trying to calm my brain over the situation

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:01 am

You can check with your doctor, but some people have symptoms post covid for months, including GI symptoms.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:12 am

Had 2 Bm this morning of which no clumps of M were present and the adomen pain is abit less so idk if its my anexity easing knowing there is no M more then usal or things are improving.

Return to “Too Much Information”