Fear of relaspe or PI-IBS

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
devo343
Contributor

Fear of relaspe or PI-IBS

Postby devo343 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:36 pm

So i have been off Vanco for about 4 days now. The abdominal pain never really left tho it was not severe to begin with.But all of today i have had some pretty uncomfortable bloating/pain. I am taking 2 probitoics floraster and garden of life 80 billion CFU with 15 strains which may be too much? im not sure.The BM are still normal 2-4 a day was 4 today but its been 2-3 usually there still solid tho still soft. i immediately started trying dairy products after the antibiotic was done which may be the issue. i had a chicken sandwich yesterday which really set things off and i felt full but with alot of pain and bloating and this morning alot more bathroom issues. Does this sound like IBS or the start of a relaspe im worried because the abdominal pain was the first symptom before i got c diff tho i felt sick aswell and i dont feel sick now so im not sure.

Thanks for any help.

roy
Administrator

Re: Fear of relaspe or PI-IBS

Postby roy » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:34 am

Meds do not switch off the damage caused by infection.
They give you chance to recover and you need to respect your gut for quite a while!
2 days ago you mentioned your tolerating milk, 1day ago you tried a chicken sandwich.
When we suggest introducing food slowly we mean one at a time and just one mouth/spoonful then increase the amount slowly if you tolerate it.
It might take a week to build up to a half cup of milk but you then know milks OK.
Only when you know one food is OK do you try another.
If you prove plain chicken is OK and then prove bread is OK then make a sandwich!
Bread (gluten) is high up on the irritant list though.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:23 am

Thanks for the answer this morning it did turn very loose so I'm not sure I did not eat any irritation foods yesterday. It still had solid pieaces but it clouded the toilet a little idk if that counts as watery d

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:35 am

Prob TMI but I have noticed it smells more like normal d I usually get rather then the c diff d smell it's trying to stay solid but it's clouding the toilet this could also be caused by my aniexty because I'm super anxious right now because I have a few d episodes and I think it's coming back

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:09 pm

Ive also gone about 4 times day and 2 of those very little came out which makes me think they were just nervous poops and unrelated.Ive had constant varying levels of abdominal cramping and pain that is only calmed down by heat and chilling out i dont feel sick and have normal appetite so maybe this was just a bad PI-IBS flare? im just very scared right now that its coming back for real the 2 nervous poops were solid again however so i quess the counter for the 3 day rule resets?

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:20 am

Update 1-22-21 it's solid again this morning.
That had me super spooked but this was my first bout of a Ibs flare so I'll know next time and have more understanding of if it's Ibs or not

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:10 am

You can't always go by what you eat the day before. Sometimes it takes two or three days for a food to irritate my GI tract. You can try to keep a journal of what you eat and see if you find a pattern of what agrees or doesn't.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:35 am

Alright I'll keep that in mind. I would like to let you guys know it's been 1 week since I've been off Vanco everything is still relatively normal I'm still going about 2-3 times a day which not normal for me before the infection but 80% of all have been solid the constant abdominal cramping and pain has cleared up now only certain movements and thing's will hurt it again.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:36 pm

It can take some time for things to settle down. Try to be patient and introduce new foods slowly. I know it's hard, but just take one day at a time.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:07 pm

It sounds like you are doing very well.
Better than most I would say, so keep it up!

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:44 am

The last 2 days ive been going 3-4 times a day and im not sure why they have stayed solid and pretty muisc free im just having more frequent bathroom trips i am eating alot of fiber rich foods

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:17 am

ive also contracted covid19(omnicron vairent) and im not sure if i will be worse off since i just had cdiff or it causing a relaspe ive had so many health problems lately i just wanna be done but it keeps kicking me over and over again.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:50 pm

If your BMs are solid it is not a c diff relapse. It may be a touch of PI IBS or simply because you are eating too much fiber for a gut that has been through a lot of irritation and inflammation.
Ease up on the fiber and eat a blander diet for a while and add other foods slowly. Frequency and appearance of movements during recovery is often different- we call that the new normal.
COVID should not cause a relapse but one of the possible symptoms of Covid-19’s is diarrhea. Just stay in touch with your dr as necessary.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:59 am

I go 3-4 times a day! For me, just depends on what I eat. My brother in law had covid reverently, he had D. You got this! You have solid stool, that’s such a wonderful sign!!!!!

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:45 am

covid is pretty much gone yesterday i had another IBS episode But since im very prone to aniexty ive been worried since. this morning i went and while it didnt cloud the toilet it was a little mushy and some pieces came loose but most of it was solid tho mushy it was not covered in mucous{Had this with an active infection} would this be consired a solid stool ik BM are not a thing to go off by because they fluctuate so much during recovery but just seeing small pieces move around triggers my aniexty and makes my gut worse idk if covid could be causing this either? would covid cause issues as its being removed from the body?

i don't think Ive ever had this much lingering anxiety over something before

Return to “Too Much Information”