Relapse or PI - IBS

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Relapse or PI - IBS

Postby Ali-Mar » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:29 pm

I am 5 months post-FMT, and I was doing somewhat better in the last 3 weeks or so. However, today I am having painful cramping, D with a lof of oil looking foam in the stool. I am still on a bland diet and haven't eaten anything new in the last two days. It feels very similar to C Diff, having abdominal pain, and growling noises and had two loose and watery bowel so far

I tested for C diff one month ago and it was negative. I struggled with PI-IBS but never had cramping with IBS. Can IBS cause cramping? Or is it a relapse? What causes foam in stool
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

poppy86
Regular Contributor

Re: Relapse or PI - IBS

Postby poppy86 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:12 pm

I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time Ali. In my experience, IBS can flare up for no apparent reason, even with foods that never caused a problem before. For me it does cause cramping sometimes too. I hope it subsides soon.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:49 am

IBS can cause cramping, but I would ask your doctor about the foam.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:45 am

A greasy looking stool might be caused by a pancreas disfunction , you need to do further testing ( complete bloodwork , a allergen panel , testing for SIBO etc) and not just assume that all your problems are because of Cdiff.

Return to “Too Much Information”