Relapse or PI-IBS?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Vicklove
Brand New Poster

Relapse or PI-IBS?

Postby Vicklove » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:09 pm

Hello all,

I am a 30 year old, female.

I was diagnosed with c diff about 3 weeks ago after taking antibiotics for minor oral surgery. I was one vancomycin for 10 days and am a little under two weeks post vanco. I was significantly "better" until yesterday. I decided to try a new food at dinner around 7pm (asparagus). After about just half of one piece, my stomach began to hurt so I stopped. Flash forward to 4am this morning and I had to rush to the bathroom. It's now 12pm and I have gone 8 or 9 times (I've lost track). I don't know if it was the asparagus, which I learned is high in insoluble fiber or if I'm relapsing. It just doesn't feel the same as when I had c diff. It's vigorous WD, but no M. I also had a high fever, fatigue, weakness, nausea/vomiting when I had c diff, but only loose stools, and a heavy amount of M no WD. I don't have any of that right now. I'm well aware of the 3-day rule and today is only day one, but my anxiety and fear is through the roof. I was going to wait to post to see if it cleared up or not, but my anxiety got the better of me.

I've been reading through this forum and I feel like support is what I need. I'm so thankful this exists and hope we are all as good as we can be some day!

roy
Administrator

Re: Relapse or PI-IBS?

Postby roy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:33 pm

If it continues call your Dr.
3 day rule is fine if your borderline 3x a day crampy or mushy but frequent watery D does indicate a relapse.

Vicklove
Brand New Poster

Postby Vicklove » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:46 pm

Ah okay. It's been 3 hours since my last go. If it comes back again, I will call my doctor. Thank you! Will post an update - hopefully a positive one!

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:05 pm

Hopefully just a rough few hours and your body beats it off.
If it comes back with a vengeance get your Drs advice.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:34 pm

Vicklove,
Welcome to the site, the original c diff support site. . Pls read the first forum for the site's history and the rules of posting,

Again, welcome.

Return to “Too Much Information”