What is normal after c diff

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
leegx
New User

What is normal after c diff

Postby leegx » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:35 pm

Hey everyone, so I was initially provided with a 2 week course of Flagyl (3 x 250mg) which did nothing for me. I was then provided with a 6 week Vanco Taper which eventually made me feel human again. Other than tiredness and alot of BM I have been fine.

I'm now 1 month post vanco. I'm still not my usual self, however alot better than previous months.

My question is how many BM per day is normal after C-diff, what has people experienced? I'm really scared sick about the number of trips I'm still making to the toilet. My new normal is 4-5 times per day. And they can range anywhere between Type 3, 4, 5 or 6 on the Bristol scale. I no longer have any WD. I still get the gurgling in my stomach, even now as I'm typing it sounds like water gurgling around.

I've had blood on the tissue recently so the doctor is treating me for hemorrhoids currently. However just really scared.
Last edited by leegx on Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Re: What is normal after c diff

Postby Ali-Mar » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:43 pm

Sorry to hear that, I was on Flagyl for 8 days didn’t do anything for me either so we switched to Vanco. After 8 days on Vanco, my BW was down to 1-2 semi-formed for most days and no more mucus. There were some bad days that I had 3-4 BM but no too many of these days and no mucus even on a bad day.. it was like that for about 5 weeks post Vancomycine but after 5 weeks i relapsed and back to 4-6 BM per day mushy/watery and mucus was back again. Now I’m on my 2nd day on Difcid, I am back to 1-3 BM per day but still have some M , but not as much as when I relapsed

How many days have you been on Vanco?
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

leegx
New User

Postby leegx » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:58 am

Sorry forgot to mention I'm one month post vanco now

Alisha
New User

Postby Alisha » Fri May 01, 2020 2:38 pm

Hey! I was on vanco for 2 weeks when I got diagnosed. I also went gluten free to try and give my stomach a break and I really watched what I ate!! organic, lactose free, gluten free. I was having like 2 BM a day. At first it was still loose and then it finally began to be normal maybe after about a month. I know exactly what you mean about the gurgling, expect that to last for a little while. Mine didn’t go away for atleast 3 months but it did slow down within each month.

I’m cdiff free 1 year now April 15 2020 but as I write this I’m pretty sure I’m having a little flare up. Meaning... not cdiff coming back but just something I ate bothered me so it resembles symptoms but it last like 1-2 days. Same gurgling also lol

Expect symptoms to persist honestly, try and figure out what works for you and stick with it long term!
Alisha. 33yr old. Cdiff free since April 15 2019.

Return to “Too Much Information”