Steroid cream for hemorrhoids cause relapse?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Anxious1
New User

Steroid cream for hemorrhoids cause relapse?

Postby Anxious1 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:26 pm

Hello! As the title says, I am wondering if the proctozone-HC for my hemorrhoids could cause a relapse? C diff gave me terrible hemorrhoids and blood in stool. I’ve used preparation h and witch hazel but they’re not helping. Decided a doctor doing a check up and prescription was needed. I’ve heard some people say they’ve relapsed from steroids but not sure about topical ones applied directly to the rectum? Any help would be appreciated!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Steroid cream for hemorrhoids cause relapse?

Postby beth22 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:44 pm

I have used that post c diff without a problem. I think oral steroids lower your immune system, so maybe that is what you mean about relapsing on steroids. I know other posters have had steroid injections for knee, neck, etc. problems and did okay. I assume your GI gave you the RX and he/she is aware of your c diff history.

Anxious1
New User

Re: Steroid cream for hemorrhoids cause relapse?

Postby Anxious1 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:53 pm

It wasn’t my GI but my family doctor. She’s also aware of the c diff. I just forgot to ask that specific question. The weakened immune system makes sense then. So it’s not that it causes the toxins to become active but lowers your immune system so if you come in contact with the spores, your body can’t fight it off. All medicine makes me nervous after my infection in November.

Return to “Too Much Information”