Relapse, blood and mucus?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
poppy86
Regular Contributor

Relapse, blood and mucus?

Postby poppy86 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:32 am

Hi guys, I'm sorry to ask this, I just find it upsetting. I did call the doctor, and he said it's probably just hemorrhoids/areas of irritation in my colon, and to not worry about it. But when I had a few BMs this morning, there was some blood coating the stool, plus bloody mucus globs/smears on the toilet paper. I find it very distressing. I relapsed after having been off my first course of vanco for less than a week, and yesterday I started a vanco taper. Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same. I had blood and mucus when I first got diagnosed with the c.diff as well.

jG43
Contributor

Re: Relapse, blood and mucus?

Postby jG43 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:20 pm

I had similar issues. After my colonoscopy for fmt my GI said I
Had internal hemorrhoids. They can bleed without having pain. However it was very limited. With cdiff it was more profuse. My colonoscopy did show moderate inflammation after I had the symptoms under control for over a month. The inflammation can take a while to heal. Going to the bathroom this much can cause some of the issues you are describing. Hopefully these issues will lessen as you taper. Keep in communication with your doctor.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Relapse, blood and mucus?

Postby beth22 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:52 pm

If you have been on vanco and just started the taper, it is unlikely that it is a relapse. If it gets worse, contact the doctor.

Return to “Too Much Information”