Does this seem like PI-IBS?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Anxious1
New User

Does this seem like PI-IBS?

Postby Anxious1 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:09 pm

Hello, 31 year old F and 69 days out from last vanco pill. I am wondering if this sounds like PI-IBS or a reoccurrence? I go to the doctor Monday and know no one here can give medical advice so I’m just seeking other experiences with it or opinions. Sunday I started to feel cramping in my right kidney area and lower right abdomen and a general “blah” all over feeling. The cramping and pressure is now in my lower pelvic area. I keep belching, and my stools have been formed until yesterday and today. Nothing watery but just soft and ragged and fluffy,kind of yellowish and had chunks of undigested food in it, potatoes to be exact. My stomach is kinda loud and rumbly, mainly after eating. I’m only going the once every AM but I also take cholestyramine for diarrhea. So I’m also worried that is holding in more diarrhea maybe? But I’m on day 5 of feeling the cramps and then the soft almost mushy/fluffy stools started yesterday and this AM. But again, only once in the morning. The general not feeling well has somewhat gone away tho. I’m more tired and fatigued than anything but also going Thru a period of high anxiety and panic attacks. So fatigue could be that. Also having stool with mucus but no blood. So I’m wondering if this is PI-IBS or the beginning of a reoccurrence? All of it is very confusing and nerve racking.

ms1smith
New User

Re: Does this seem like PI-IBS?

Postby ms1smith » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:06 pm

I don't have any advice for you except that my stomach is quite loud too, I did some research and it appears loud bowels (or being more aware of loud bowels) is quite common after C.Diff.

I'm much shorter out of treatment, I have found my bowels move quickly. My gastrocolic reflex seems hyperactive. The gut is just on edge I think. I'm not experiencing any pain though.

I do suffer from anxiety and panic attacks though. Those can seriously trigger digestive upset, and I believe can go the other way too (digestive upsets increase anxiety). Can you do anything to mitigate the anxiety in your life? Do you have any coping strategies or any medications? Medicating my anxiety for a few days I believe helped in my recovery.

Return to “Too Much Information”