Pain after harder poo

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Pain after harder poo

Postby hledgess » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:57 pm

Hi guys .. has anyone else been on vanco and it made them not go til later in the day? I’ve been taking l glutamine ans manuka honey with Vsl3.. I shake when I know I have to go.. nerve thing I think bc I have POTS but I went and it was nothing even to wipe bc it had cracks even in it.. I then hurt at night and had to go at ) am and it states out that way but was smooth to get out and I noticed it was bc of mucous that helped get it out.. thing is it changed from that to like ragged edges and like it was disintegrating and then turned to snake like.. anyone have this? Either in recovery or on vanco? My pelvic area still hurts and I’m not hungry and gassy and kinda scared to eat.. am I alone in this?

roy
Administrator

Re: Pain after harder poo

Postby roy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:54 pm

Your posts are becoming too much TMI.
Your health anxiety is in overdrive.
Please dont go into graphic detail about you bathroom visits, we dont want daily blow by blow poop reports!
Your getting well after very vague symptoms that are not typical of c.diff colitis.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:38 pm

I seem to be going backward .. I’m so sick.. no appetite and can’t eat.. I’ve lost weight I couldn’t afford to lose in the first place .. I was doing better before I had to take amoxicillin and it set me back so far! I’m tiny now and not hungry and I’m so much pain .. I asked about mucous bc I never had that before and it’s scary.. I just want to be better and I feel I’m going backward

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:37 pm

We know you are upset and foundering BUT.. . .

Mucus means irritation.

Ask your doc about fiber supplements like Benefiber and Metamucil. Drink as much water as you can tolerate.

Several of us suggested seeing a counselor for your anxiety. Many of us have. Any chance of you doing so? We all need support during this awful illness.

Hang on.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:02 am

How are you going backwards? I think your anxiety is reaching an all time high and there’s no shame in seeking some help for that. I did as well as many others. Your symptoms are something I wish I would have had. Your able to do your job without embarrassing yourself and your taking care of your kids. During my ordeal I was able to do none of the above. Focus on what is going well and know that there’s people out there wearing diapers just to make it to the drs office and you aren’t. That’s a good thing. I lost my mind after I started getting better out of fear of relapse, looked in the toilet after every BM, all of it. My doc put me on Xanax and it was a god send.

Zay
Regular User

Postby Zay » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:55 pm

Your bowel movements are gonna be everywhere. They are not gonna be the same for a long time. You'll be constipated one day, going a healthy bowel movement one day, have diarrhea the next, you'll be all over the poo scale, and there will be mucus occasionally because your colon is deeply inflamed. Stop looking. Unless you are having liquid diarrhea more than once, don't look.

They're right, your anxiety is getting out of control, understandably so, this was a horrible experience for all of us.

On Vanco I went from regular to constipation a lot, had a lot of stomach pain, and couldn't eat from throwing up. The flagyl I was one caused me brain fog, confusion, dizziness and hives.

Afterwards, I still have movements all over the poo scale and I still have swelling and bloating and some days a lot of pain in my stomach. I know I need to go to a GI but they're probably tell me what everything I read will...watch your diet and it takes time to become nor.al again.

You need to eat. Stop being scared to eat because not eating can cause some of your problems and this infection has been known to cause anorexia in some people. If you're not drinking water or getting enough water through your food (your body gets like 30% of it's water from food) you will be constipated and that will cause more inflammation and pain and lack of fiber can cause the other problems you mentioned.

I suggest you maybe talk to your doctor about this and y'all can further discuss some help to get you through this. I know often times we can be prideful or scared, but I think in this instance it is time.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:47 pm

Now that I’m down to one a day I fear it’s not working .. I’ve had D two days in a row? Would that mean I’m having a relapse?
As far as anxiety I’m on 3 mg of Xanax a day.. I just don’t understand this illness bc everyone has different ideas even drs.. I’m just looking for those that may have had a similar experience with a vanco taper

Return to “Too Much Information”