Connection with influenza

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Bobbo112
Contributor

Connection with influenza

Postby Bobbo112 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:01 am

Hi all, long time no see. I understand that the flu is viral, and c diff if bacterial, but I’m wondering if post nasal drip that drips down to the stomach can play a part. Two years ago I had influenza b and immediately after got c diff. On Friday I got influenza again and have been noticing similar stomach issues like last time. It’s kinda heightening my anxiety. I’ve been sticking to gatorade, toast, water, bananas but still had weird greenish black diarrhea three times today. Maybe it’s just a coincidence, and I’m hoping that’s the case, but the ptsd is getting to me and I’m wondering if anyone else has ever noticed such a connection in their experience...

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: Connection with influenza

Postby Ril » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:51 pm

Influenza and post nasal drip can upset your stomach but not cause c diff.
Treat your your symptoms and don’t worry.

Rita

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Connection with influenza

Postby georgina » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:11 am

There is no connection between influenza virus and cdiff , but as you know the flu can manifest itself not only respiratory but digestive as well.

Return to “Too Much Information”