Hemorrhoid or something else?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Anxious1
New User

Hemorrhoid or something else?

Postby Anxious1 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:28 pm

In November I was diagnosed with C Diff,which in turn caused a previous hemorrhoid to swell. With my c diff I had bloody mucus diarrhea. Which is why this concerns me to an extent. Well, I finally started taking my cholestyramine again and that usually causes some constipation. Now, before infection I’d have a BM like 2-3 times a week. Post infection I go every morning upon waking. It has been soft stool for like a month and a half and now that I’m on my meds it’s getting harder. The last 3 days I’ve noticed either pinkish blood on the TP or bright red blood streak on outside of BM in bowl with some,small amount,pinkish mucus and Not on TP when wiping it’s always one or the other.Does this sound like hemorrhoids? Or should I worry? I’ve had bleeding with my irritated hemmi before but it’s usually once and goes away. But I also didn’t have BMs daily. Now it’s been the last 3 days in a row but also my stools feel harder to pass. And the rectum hurts when I go. I don’t know if I should worry. I’ve called my doctor but can’t get in for like 3 weeks and haven’t heard back to my question yet.

roy
Administrator

Re: Hemorrhoid or something else?

Postby roy » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:39 pm

Why take cholestyramine if your having 1 stool a day?
That sounds perfect so why medicate?
Soft is good, especially if hems are there!

Anxious1
New User

Postby Anxious1 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:24 pm

Without cholestyramine I have bad diarrhea. Ever since my gallbladder removal in 2016. Before cholestyramine post infection I still had diarrhea. Started my meds and it was soft in the beginning, which is perfect. But now after a few weeks it’s getting harder. I think I need to take some Metamucil and drink more water. And at least one hemmi is definitely there cause I feel it. I also have a history of anal fissures. So at this point I’m thinking that’s the producer of the blood. I’m just a natural born worrier.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:41 am

We are not allowed to give medical advice but I wouldn’t worry about anything more dire.
What I would suggest is that you call the dr’s office, describe your hard stool and hemorrhoids and ask about decreasing your dose or frequency of cholestyramine. That makes more sense than adding Metamucil. That’s what I would do with my GI.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:47 am

With a history of fissure, ask to see a colorectal surgeon. NOT for surgery, just an opinion and possibly to be checked to see if it is a fissure. There are certain medications for that , worse thing to do is self diagnose and let things linger.

NanciT

Anxious1
New User

Postby Anxious1 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:48 pm

Thanks! I called and spoke to my doctor and she also thinks it’s nothing urgent or dire. I am going to every other day cholestyramine for now. And I’ll make sure to bring up a colorectal surgeon when I see her! I’m also gonna up my water intake even more and try to introduce more cooked veggies and see what my stomach can handle for fiber. I also started using Tucks pads yesterday and they seems to help the pain. Thank you everyone. I appreciate you.

Return to “Too Much Information”