how to clean house

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Debbiema
Brand New Poster

how to clean house

Postby Debbiema » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:19 pm

How do you get rid of spores in carpet, couches, blankets - things that can't be bleached. I have ordered the UV light. does it work

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Re: how to clean house

Postby AllisS » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:32 pm

Hi Debbiema, welcome to the site. Please read our guidelines for all new posters when you have a chance; it's the first thread on the board.

There's no way to eliminate spores from all of the items that you mention; C. diff spores are always present in the environment but they won't cause illness unless someone happens to be susceptible, e.g., from antibiotic use. That said, unless a carpet/blanket/etc. has become soiled from a C. diff "accident" it is really unnecessary to try and disinfect them. If household items are soiled they should probably be discarded.

The UV light isn't going to work for household use. A few hospitals have experimented with UV equipment; I think the jury is still out as to results, though this method shows some promise for healthcare settings.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: how to clean house

Postby georgina » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:02 am

In europe we have a sporocidal solutions that kill Cdiff spores in 1 minute and they can be used on any type of surface including fabric. Here is called Antigone , is very difficult to order it but i was able to get my hands on it , and also pretty pricey.

Return to “Too Much Information”