Pain and messed up BMs - help

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
hopenow
Regular User

Pain and messed up BMs - help

Postby hopenow » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:59 am

Hi All

I was diagnosed with cdiff in October, took Vanco for 2 weeks. Had pain and messed up movements then Tested positive again in November but did not treat as things improved then tested negative in December.

I was looking for some advice.

My BMs have not returned to normal since I stopped taking the Vanco. I get a lot of pain and cramping in my lower stomach. My BMs are 4-5 times a day, usually a lot of small pieces the first time leading to tiny pieces the last time. Not D. Never one fully formed one like it used to be...

I currently take kefir and Yakult every day. Should I stop with these? I am sick of them and clearly not much help is coming from it.

Is this pain and non formed BMs normal this long after? Has anyone else experienced this?

What would you recommend I do I’m just sick of the pain and the inconvenience I went to my doctor he just said it should pass.

I would appreciate any advice. I want to get better :(

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Pain and messed up BMs - help

Postby beth22 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:52 am

Probiotics and kefir don't agree with everyone. However, probiotics do helps some people. I could not tolerate many. I had to try several before I found one that I could tolerate. You could stop the Yakult - that has a lot of sugar if I remember right and perhaps try something else. If your symptoms don't subside, try stopping the kefir for a day and see if it makes a difference. You may have to try a different probiotic.

hopenow
Regular User

Postby hopenow » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:50 pm

I have stopped the probiotics for now, and have started a low fodmap gluten free diet.

I cannot however shake this burning, cramping, aching in my lower abdomen.

My movements are usually a cross between thin ribbons and thicker, powdery.

I don't know what else I can do but it is really getting me down. It is also making me start to worry that I have something more serious

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:51 pm

Recovery can take time, often people can get Post IBS. See your GI and discuss, there are medications that can help. It's a slow process, the gut needs to heal. Go slow with the diet and adding foods.

Take Care

NanciT

Return to “Too Much Information”