Colitis after? Bloody mucus now.

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
KatieW
New User

Colitis after? Bloody mucus now.

Postby KatieW » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:45 pm

Anyone who has developed colitis after c diff, how long did it take for a diagnosis?

I’m 8 months post diagnosis and 6 months post successful treatment (2 negative stool tests).

My symptoms and pain seem to continue getting worse with no advice from doctors except it’s IBS, yet I only go once daily and it’s the same as usual, not formed but mushy. I have another appt on Monday and last night I was passing bloody mucus only. I’ve always had mucus, especially if I try to eat foods that don’t agree with me, but never bloody mucus. I know this means inflammation.

I also ate at a wedding last month and my entire stomach gurgled and hurt from top to bottom all night :( won’t make that mistake again. I had a stool calprotectin test come back as only slightly elevated. Doctor said it’s fine and doesn’t seem concerned about any inflammation.

I had an exploratory lap for gyno issues and they noted inflammation in my intestines as well. When does it go away after the infection is gone?! :(

*** I’m not looking for medical advice, just opinions from those who have been through the same and can shed some insight or advice for me ***

** I should also note that I’m 14 weeks pregnant, and although my symptoms started pre-pregnancy, my doctors love to pawn symptoms off on pregnancy. Very frustrating! **

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Colitis after? Bloody mucus now.

Postby beth22 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:58 am

I have never heard of those type of symptoms from pregnancy. The blood is of concern. I would definitely tell the doctor about it and have it checked out. Possibly it might be a fissure or hemorhoid, but ulcerative colitis also does this. I do know of a man who got UC after c difficile, but I don't think this is that common.

KatieW
New User

Re: Colitis after? Bloody mucus now.

Postby KatieW » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:49 pm

Beth, thanks for your reply!

My doctors try saying my symptoms like nausea and aches and pains are from pregnancy, but I’ve had them since April and wasn’t pregnant until September.

I finally have an appt tomorrow thanks to a cancellation! They were telling me they can’t get me in until February. That seems like the norm in my area for any good doctor. Very frustrating :(

I heard colitis is not common but does happen also. I had a colonoscopy and that doctor, excuse my bluntness, was an idiot. He didn’t do any biopsies on the inflammation I have and told me I was fine. Turns out I had c diff! Switched doctors and she instantly did a stool culture and I called him to tell them and he basically said oh. When I asked about a diet to return to normal because it had been 3 months, he said “you shouldn’t still have those symptoms and your bowels should be normal.” Literally no help lol. Needless to say, I do not trust his judgement.

Anyway, I’m bringing it up at tomorrow’s appt! Luckily the blood stopped, and it was only a very small amount, but the mucus is still present today. I do have hemorrhoids since I had my daughter 3 years ago, but never mucus with blood.

Return to “Too Much Information”