How do you wash your hands??

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Silviaxo
Regular User

How do you wash your hands??

Postby Silviaxo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:57 pm

I've developed OCD and it's becoming extremely hard to wash my hands like a normal person I wash my hands my arms and my hands again sometimes I can sit in the bathroom for 2 hours or more today was a less time I did was 27 minutes of washing.. Now when you wash your hands after going poop do you wash your hands and wrists altogether how high do you go up on your wrists? I seriously forgot how to wash my hands like a normal person because my OCD took over and I am so sick of it I want to do it like a normal person and not feel like I'm going to contaminate my family and how long do you do it for??

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Re: How do you wash your hands??

Postby AllisS » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:03 am

Here's a link to CDC's guidelines for handwashing:
https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-ho ... shing.html

The excessive handwashing that you're doing is unnecessary and may even be putting you at risk for infection, as if your hands and skin become dry enough from all of the soap and water they can become cracked, and cracks provide an entry point for infection. If you can't stop the overwashing on your own, look for a therapist who specializes in OCD -- many do -- and get some help for it.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:30 am

Sorry to say this but, you are in need for some professional help with the OCD.

Silviaxo
Regular User

Postby Silviaxo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:14 pm

Yes I am seeing a therapist for this. I just wanted to see how everyone else does it. I feel that it might ease my anxiety so I can see nothing happens if you wash your hands and wrists once

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:09 pm

What Allis posted for you from the CDC is perfect. This is how I train Nursing students who are exposed everyday. Follow the CDC recommendations. Good to hear you are also seeing a therapist. It may take time to overcome the fear

NanciT

Return to “Too Much Information”