Is this recovery?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Jrditusa
New User

Is this recovery?

Postby Jrditusa » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:18 pm

Hi everyone, just a quick question. I am now 8 weeks post dificid taper and still eating very bland. My stools have been all over the place, right now they are seeming less formed than they have been..I go between 1-4 times a day,usually 2 or three. First be in the morning is a little urgent but more formed and then I get piecey piles. Some gas...not stomach aches or fever. I have been taking questran, just 1/3 packet a day,but am afraid I wouldn’t know if I relapsed because I am on it. I have not had wd at all just loose little pieces. I guess I’m just trying to figure out if this is normal recovery since I am not testing.thanks

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Is this recovery?

Postby NanciT » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:40 pm

This sounds like typical Post IBS but we can't diagnose, your GI should. There are medications that can help, I took one names "Levsin" when I was post Dificid. It lasted a long time for me, still dealing with it on and off but I was on Dificid a long time and it cause me alot of Post problems.
Give yourself time to recover, this can be a slow process. Its sounds like you are doing everything right.

Feel better soon

NanciT

Jrditusa
New User

Re: Is this recovery?

Postby Jrditusa » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:53 pm

Thanks so much for reply.. definitely not looking for diagnosis...even my dr can’t seem to do that. Just wondering if my symptoms at 8 weeks were familiar to anyone who had done dificid and recovered..since overall I think I’m in recovery

Return to “Too Much Information”