17 weeks post FMT TMI

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Dione
Brand New Poster

17 weeks post FMT TMI

Postby Dione » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:34 pm

I am 17 weeks post colonoscopy FMT. I had CDiff for over one year before diagnosed and two rounds of failed Vanco before the FMT. My guts are still all over the place and I have not tested for Cdiff. My doctor will not test unless watery Diarrhea for more than three days. I was having normal stool with foam in the toilet bowel prior to a bad head cold and feeling really good. Now I have alternate floating stool and diarrhea with the foam. And sometimes just mucous. I’m exhausted. I feel nauseous a lot. Also my stomach makes awful noises. It doesn’t really hurt, but every now and then sharp pains. I told my GI I didn’t think I was absorbing fats because of the foam and he said that just means you won’t get fat. Sigh. I am now lactose intolerant and have so many food issues. My diet consists of toast, peanut butter,eggs, sweet potatoes,tuna, asparagus and lean red meat. Every time I add anything else, I don’t digest half of it. I’m concerned about fast transit, malabsorption or pancreatitis etc. Anybody else experience any of this post FMT? It seems like I have been waiting a long time to get better.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: 17 weeks post FMT TMI

Postby georgina » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:34 am

I have the same issues as you , i am 9 weeks post FMT and never had a normal day , lots of undigested food , abnormal stool sometimes alternating with formed but soft stool , lots of gas and sometimes M attacks but tested negative for Cdiff (GDH negative) and i trust the results. Whatever you are experiencing right now it's the after effects of Cdiff, and the meds to treat it on your GI system. I have found that digestive enzymes help me digest some more foods and i had to do a lot of reserch until i found one brand that agrees with me . I do not want to make any recommendation but i can tell you the brand the works for me : Digest from Enzymedica (the koscher enzymes , not the Digest gold or the others that contain probiotics). I have also done a elimination diet that helped a little but it didn't clear all my symptoms.

Dione
Brand New Poster

Postby Dione » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:02 pm

Thank you! It’s so flip floppy it’s driving me insane. I will try the digestive enzymes and see if they help. I tried the s boulardi and it makes me so sick. All probiotics now make me ill. I’m sorry you are having the same troubles too.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:17 am

I also had a lot of food intolerances and symptoms after my FMT. It turned out I had a very bad case of SIBO. I also got pancreatitis after c difficile where my pancreatic enzymes go up - mostly the lipase. I had to watch my diet for a very long time and I did wind up treating with Xifaxan for the SIBO, but mine was a very bad case. Often you can ease those symptoms with diet. I tried digestive enzymes, but they did not agree with me. At first, neither did probiotics.

Return to “Too Much Information”