Mucus with tiny specks of blood... should I be concerned?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Katnie
Brand New Poster

Mucus with tiny specks of blood... should I be concerned?

Postby Katnie » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:16 pm

I’m new here, but have been reading this board for the past month trying to figure out what’s going on with my body. I got c diff after a dental implant and clindamycin + antibiotic mouth rinse combo.
2 weeks after stopping the antibiotic I thought I had food poisoning- fever, chills, D, almost blacking out, nausea, all sudden onset. But the D persisted for 2 weeks, and after finding M & blood and rectal pressure decided I better get it checked out. Sent a sample in, they called the next day positive for c diff. Went on flagyl for 10 days, D gone, some M remained.
I’m now 2 weeks past the last pill of flagyl and I have formed stool, but still M . Sometimes the M has tiny flecks of blood in it. I feel well for the most part- still have to avoid some foods- avoiding sugar and milk particularly. I’m taking s. Boulardii (sp?), regular probiotics, bubbies sauerkraut, kefir, and dark chocolate (read the 65% or greater dark chocolate discourages c diff growth and encourages good bacteria).
My main concern is the M. I don’t want to go back on antibiotics if I can help it. Has anyone else had this in recovery? Thanks in advance for any help.
Oh, and I’m 33 and otherwise healthy.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Mucus with tiny specks of blood... should I be concerned?

Postby beth22 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:40 am

Hi Katnie and welcome to the site. Please read the first forum for more information for new posters.

M is usually a sign of inflammation and people get it without having had c difficile. You may still be irritated from the D that you had before. The specks of blood may be from a fissure or hemorhoid. I would not go back on antibiotics if those are your only symptoms, but I would tell your GI about them if they continue. There are some creams and ointments that can relieve rectal irritation if that is the cause.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:15 am

I think that you should try to lose the chocolate from your diet , it's a huge gut offender and it will create more irritation , the irritation will give you more M attacks. Eat bland , easy to digest foods.

Katnie
Brand New Poster

Postby Katnie » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:23 am

Thank you for the response! I will cut the chocolate, was only having a small bit anyway. I’ve basically been eating sweet potatoes, rice, garlic and cooked spinach, eggs, and sometimes chicken, whole wheat toast, oatmeal, and some occasional applesauce and strawberries. I added some vitamin C bioflavonoids yesterday (I had them already, thought I’d try it) and ended up with some stomach cramps/gas I haven’t had in a long time. Going to stop that and see if it clears up.
I’m so thankful for this site, the doc I’ve been able to see is only a NP and knows very little about c diff. If I end up needing to go back I’m going to try to find a GI.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:42 am

Strawberry seeds pass through undigested, they can even still grow!

Return to “Too Much Information”