Think it’s really back this time

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Bobbo112
Contributor

Think it’s really back this time

Postby Bobbo112 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:51 pm

For the past few weeks I’ve been feeling pretty good. Stools were pretty consistent. Would usually have one off stool per day whether really loose or diarrhea with about two normal ones. I felt ok. I was back to my regular activities and everything was cool.

I also should add I’m kind of a unique case. I’ve had prolonged side effects from levaquin since about a week before Christmas. Causing (mainly) severe anxiety, depression, and some on and off problems with the gut and fatigue.

But like I said I’ve been fine these past few weeks. Until this past weekend. I drank a moderate amount with some friends. Nothing unusual. I’ve been back to drinking for a while now with little consequences. On Saturday I had four bouts of watery d. Nothing too concerning since that wasn’t uncommon for me even pre c diff. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday I had two bouts of watery d. One in the morning and one at night. So give or take twelve hours apart. Wednesday I had one formed in the morning and one case of d at night. And then yesterday it was nothing but net. I went 4.5 times, but the first one was formed and loose and the other ones were formed solid thin pieces.

But I noticed last night my stomach felt really queasy. And then this morning also. This morning I went twice in a row with watery d. And now I’m freaking out. And my stomach still feels queasy although not as bad as earlier. I don’t get or understand this at all. If I truly have c diff, I wouldn’t be going formed and solid at all, right? At least generally speaking. So what the hell is going on here? The only thing I added to my daily regimen is NAC and I took that five days in a row. I hear that can cause both stomach irritation and watery d but I haven’t taken it at all since early Monday morning.

I have an id appointment scheduled for Wednesday afternoon but I’m so scared and broken hearted that this is back after well over two and a half months...

Also blood pressure is higher 130/81 (not lower like c diff if supposed to do) and I don’t have a fever. Highest it shot last night was 98.7 (but I usually am a “cooler” dude and rub in the 97s). I also don’t have that consistent gnawing pain in my upper left ab like last time. So that’s the only good news to all of this.

roy
Administrator

Re: Think it’s really back this time

Postby roy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:08 pm

Sounds more like "Fecal Impaction at the Circle of Willis" than c.diff.
Google it!.

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:36 pm

Lol I hope it’s just that! I certainly haven’t been the model to what to do when you’re in recovery.

But at the same time it just seems weird that I’ve been able to do all these things with little to no consequences for weeks and now all the sudden my bms are crazy. I mean nothing but watery stool from Saturday-Tuesday, yesterday I was doing well BM wise. And now today I’m queasy and already had two bouts of watery d. The queasy stomach is something I had prior before with my first round of c diff.

Typically if you do have c diff you wouldn’t have normalish formed stools in between days right? The main thing confusing me.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:49 pm

Might be TORSONIC POLARITY SYNDROME.

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:59 pm

Having my ass where my head should be lol. I did actually lol.

But seriously? Why is it affecting me now? I haven’t really done anything different and have been fine. I’m genuinely concerned. I feel like I have a bm coming and it’s gonna be another case of watery d. I’m almost scared to look.

You really don’t think this could be c diff? Would I not have regular bms in between if it was?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:49 pm

If you only discontinued the NAC you were taking, it could still be that.

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:55 pm

I stopped taking it early Monday morning. Like at 530 in the morning was my last dose. I had been taking it for about 5 or 6 days prior once a day, because I had it lying around and was told it’s a good alternative for mucinex and sinus crap.

That’s the only new thing. I’ve been able to pretty much eat and drink whatever I wanted for The past several weeks, and nothing really changed on the gi or bm front.

I guess it’s possible but it’s been four (basic math error lol) days now. I’ve gone to the bathroom one more time and they were solid little tiny scattered pieces that sank in the bowel. And like I said nothing but net yesterday. But this queasy feeling in my stomach has barely relented. And it just seems so odd it’s come around 5 days later suddenly.

Could the NAC have triggered my ibs symptoms to the extreme? Just want a few days of consistent bms and I’ll be happy. Don’t wanna have to go on vanco again and start all over, but it’s looking more and more likely as the days go by...:-/

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:25 am

Your NACkered!

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:56 pm

Can someone just please tell me if having any formed bms is possible if you have c diff? I’m just so confused and having crazy anxiety over this. I know the general rule of thumb is 3 time a day for 3 days in a roll. But to have it four times on Saturday, twice a day twelve hours apart on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, then a formed one with a case of watery d at night Wednesday. Then nothing but net Thursday. Then 3 times watery d on Friday. And now this morning I had formed but loose. The nausea isn’t really here now either, no cramping or general pain. But severe anxiety. I’m just confused of what to make of this. Any theories? Please I’m going nuts!

The only non c diff theories I have is that the NAC caused shit to go haywire. But 5 days later? Also I hear summer heat can really make ibs symptoms go loose. Does that hold true for post infectious ibs? I really don’t wanna go back on vanco if I absolutely don’t have to. And I still got till Wednesday to consider everything. But as the days go on I just get more and more confused as to what to do.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Theres nothing like a blow by blow weeks poop report to discourage constructive replies from people.
Especially when you brag about going out drinking, take OTC meds that are recognized as a cause of GI upsets and have a diet that is at best lacking in nutrients and at worse is "crap"

C.diff is Indicated by D, another poster described it as an "uncontrolable involantary waterfall flowing from my butt"
Once c.diff symptoms appear they get progressively worse untill its obvious you need treating.
We are not lifestyle coaches, your body's probably objecting to the rubbish fuel your putting in it.
If you told your Dr the truth about what you eat and drink and about your OTC meds his reply would probably be "what else do you expect, its self inflicted"

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:22 pm

This site is about a horrible poop disease isn’t it? And the TMI section of said site. Of course it gets a little “uncomfortable” this whole site is based around an entirely “uncomfortable” issue. I’ve played by the rules, posted in the appropriate section as asked, and have seen numerous posts giving play by play details in this section similar to as I have. So where’s the foul here? Why are you so god damn salty? Christ man...

Second off, the otc meds (supplements really) I’m on is because a doctor suggested that and there’s really no other way to battle this other heinous condition I’m on. Can’t take benzos or ssris because they’ll worsen the GABA damages I have further. And I can’t just not take them because the anxiety and depression would be like how you (fortunately) can’t even imagine.

And thirdly, I did take this sites advice. But after a while I was able to get back into a regular routine and face little consequences. Hence the confusion of why all the sudden my bms are inconsistent and all over the place after little change. The NAC was a mistake. I took it because I was having bad chest congestion from sinuses and a nurse friend suggested it. I didn’t know it causes gastro upset until it was too late.

I just don’t see why you have such a petty passive aggressive vendetta against me when I haven’t done anything more out of school than any other poster has in this section.

This is a tough set of circumstances, unlike any in my personal life can help me with. And honestly it has helped me more than most doctors in the field had. For example, you telling me the docs should’ve never diagnosed me based on a solid stool sample. I was told otherwise, that it “doesn’t matter”. So despite my otherwise tone of this post, thank you for that. Genuinely.

And based on what you said, if it was c diff, it would only get worse? Not one day of bad, one day of nothing but net, but just consistently bad and then worse and worse? If that’s true, then that gives me some hope.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:34 am

When I get a cold now, or any kind of URI, I tend to have strange bms as well. This has been my experience ever since I had c diff. I don't know if it is part of the virus, or that my GI tract is just more sensitive, but it happens. Also, if I take OTC meds like cough syrup or even antihistamines sometimes. It may be just part of your virus. I usually take Pepto Bismol when that happens and it helps pretty quickly.

And yes, you can have c difficile without WD. I did, but I also had M and some bleeding. You might have some low grade c diff, but the problem is that if you treat it, you might get a full blown relapse when you stop meds. That is what happened to me. I would not panic at this point. Any illness can throw your digestive tract off. It does for me. If you are still concerned, talk to the doctor and ask for a test, but you might ask for a regular stool culture as well. I had a different infection after c diff that cleared on its own (campylobacter). Symptoms were very similar. Good luck and I hope you feel better. I know I would get very upset every time that happened to me as well, especially in the earlier day of recovery.

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:28 pm

Thanks for the reply Beth.

I did have some kind of sinus thing two weeks ago. Which is why I took the NAC to begin with. Like I said I stopped taking the NAC Monday morning so I don’t know if it’s a continuation. I thought things were slightly improving yesterday but now today I had a bout of watery d, and then a scattered grainy stool. The queasy stomach is also back again. Feels almost like indigestion. Although it’s on and off. Still no fever. But I constantly hear my stomach gurgling now.

If this isn’t c diff I swear I’ll start going back to church again lol. But I’m starting to lean more towards yes at this point, sadly.

I got an id doc appointment Wednesday so I’ll wait and see what he says, but damn this is so heartbreaking. I wasn’t even really thinking about it anymore, hence why I stopped posting these last few weeks.

If it is a “low case” what do I do? Just let time heal it? I obviously don’t wanna over treat but at this point I’m about 85% sure it’s back... :-/

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:40 pm

See what your ID doctor says. My doctor told me not to treat and he consulted with an ID. There is no way to really tell if you have it low grade. Maybe repeat the test and see what shows up. If you get a positive PCR, ask if they can also do an EIA. That is what many labs do now for positive PCR tests to make sure it is truly an active case.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:31 am

I'll say it again, you should not be drinking so much alcohol so early on in recovery. Your gut is trying to restore good gut bacteria to ward off the bad guys. Alcohol is not your friend when your gut is trying to heal. I have read on numerous medical sites that alcohol can mess with your gut flora. I am not a doctor and this is not a medical site, so you should do your own research and talk to your doctor. I have great frustration with your post because there are many posters on here that would love to be able to go out and have a few drinks but are trying to get better through healthy, bland diets, low sugar and no alcohol. It took me at least a year or more to be able to have a glass of wine again. Sorry if I'm not sympathetic. I just feel that what you are putting into your body is having a lot to do with the symptoms you are having. I didn't put anything into my body, except nutritional foods and probiotics for a loooong period of time. Recovery was about healing the gut and immune system after a horrible god-awful illness.

Return to “Too Much Information”