Should things be better? 7th day of Vanco

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Bennet
Regular User

Should things be better? 7th day of Vanco

Postby Bennet » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:14 pm

I went through the 14 days of Flagyl and felt horrible (probably because of the antibiotic itself). My BMs firmed up a little on Flagyl but still very soft. One day after I went off of Flagyl it was back to full blown horrible D.

Now I'm on the 7th day of Vancomycin and BMs are basically mush and going at least 3 times a day still. I had one absolute nightmare 24 hours where I went all night and day with D but I thought that might have been from trying the VSL #3 I had bought but hadn't tried while on Flagyl. Stopped the VSL #3 and seem to be back to the 3 times a day mush now.

Anyway, does this mean that the Vancomycin isn't working? Has anyone else had mushy poo the whole time on Vancomycin and then actually sustained a recovery? Please give me some hope! I've already found out the both my PCM and GI aren't going to be the best for this. GI doesn't want to prescribe Dificid.
~Bennet

lorac52
New User

Re: Should things be better? 7th day of Vanco

Postby lorac52 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:59 am

Hi Bennet,
I don't really have an answer for you, but wanted to know how you were doing and if perhaps one of your doctors may have answered your question as I am in a similar situation.
Carol

Bennet
Regular User

Postby Bennet » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:21 am

HI Carol,

I am 8 days post Vanco today. Things actually are better now that I'm off Vancomycin. Still not how it should be but better.
I've still got a lot of stomach rumbling, some mild bdominal pain and loose movements but part of that could be from the Kefir and Sauerkraut I'm eating to try to keep this at bay.

How are you doing?
~Bennet

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:33 am

Some people get looser stools on vanco and then do better once off. Hopefully, you will see improvement as time passes. All the best.

rmm26
New User

Postby rmm26 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:12 pm

I'm glad I found this topic because this is basically identical to what I'm experiencing on the Vanco as well. I'm on day 9 of 10 and haven't had a solid BM yet, just the mush a few times a day like you described. The only difference is I was never on Flagyl, I started right with the Vanco. Also taking Florastor, 2 capsules in the morning and eating yogurt. Looks like this is from last year so not sure if this will be seen, but interested how things turned out for you.

Bennet
Regular User

Postby Bennet » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:20 pm

I hope you start feeling better soon. I had a long, slow recovery but the Vancomycin apparently did work. I took several different probiotics that seemed to help my recovery and I still take them - Align, Culturelle, and digestive advantage (the intensive bowel support one). Anyway, just thought I would drop back in to give you some hope that the Vanco can work even when you seem symptomatic the whole time you are on it. Wishing you good health soon!
~Bennet

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:36 am

I had issues with almost all the probiotics i have tried in the past . Even Saccharomyces bolardii worked at first and after awhile started to give me gas and more frequency. The only probiotic truly that helped me and never bothered my gut is Megasporebiotic , which i am still taking to this day. I'm taking just 1 pill per day , it's more then enough for me.

Return to “Too Much Information”