Stools all over the place

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Bobbo112
Contributor

Stools all over the place

Postby Bobbo112 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:15 pm

One day it’s solid, then sandy, then solid, then diarrhea once or twice in a day, then solid, then sandy and grainy. Always brown, no blood. Just about a week post vanco.

Also having random bouts of mild joint inflammation in shoulders, hands, fingers, thighs, knees, feet and shoulders.

Using sovereign laboratories colostrum (5-7 capsules a day), Walgreens brand florastar, and VSL 3. Have appetite, feel hungry and ready to eat, but always pay for it if I go to far (indigestion, excessive burping and farting)

Bobbo112
Contributor

Re: Stools all over the place

Postby Bobbo112 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:41 pm

Gross as it may be can I post a photo or no?

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:43 pm

No!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:22 pm

Agree with Roy. TMI

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:07 am

Stop looking in the toilet , just put the lid and flush .

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:05 am

Just so scary. Can’t make sense of it. 8 days out of vanco and my stool was formed first trip. Then grainy with a bit of mucus the other two times. Now back to formed the fourth time. No full blown d. And all that joint inflammation is gone. Just getting nervous because 8 days out, and I’m just abruptly getting the gurgling and bubbling out of no where again.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:28 am

It can take time for the gut to hear, read through the threads and you will find most do not return to "Normal" for quite some time. Give yourself some time and if you continue to have issues see your GI. There are medications for Post IBS, I went on Levsin for several months and still take it once in awhile.
I know physicians often say take your medication and you will be fine...unless they have had CDIFF, then it's another story.
NanciT

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:46 am

Other question I’m taking Walgreens brand s boulardii and VSL # 3 both at the same time twice a day. Could that give me D? Can I take both? Or just one over the other?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:44 pm

This is very individual and needs to be trial and error. Try one and see how you do....add the other if you feel it's necessary. I take only 1 VSL#3 everyday.

NanciT

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:27 pm

Same as Georgina said. Recovery can be very rocky. PI IBS happens to many also but too soon to even know if that is the case. Stools do not return to normal for a long time, whatever normal is...No full blown d, no relapse.
Read about 3 days rule Information section and try to stay calm.

Rita

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:24 pm

But if “full blown d” pure liquid only? Can grainy stools with m on top be considered watery d? What about the mush pile that almost looks like carrot soufee? Does that constitute watery d?

Very Mild but consistent cramping normal?

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:31 am

Full blown D means liquid , runny stool that is also frequent , more the 3 times per day . Are you running to the toilet several times per day?

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:24 am

Not on a regular day no. I go about 2-3 times a day. Which is more or less what I went both years prior to and during c diff. I’ll usually have a normalish stool in the morning, then it gets mushy, broken solidish pieces, or broken loose pieces, and/or sometimes grainy and sandy with a clear cloud (assuming its m) on top. Sometimes I’ll have the same thing but going the opposite way (not so solid stool first, then normalish stool on my
Last bm, but normally it’s like i described).

Only get full blown watery d every here and there. Very rare for it to be more than once a day IF I get it. Have only gotten it twice in a single day twice (weeks apart) since I’ve finished the vanco so far. Had it twice yesterday and was worried sick it was the start of something horrible. But today my 3 bms were formed except the second being a formed mushy pile. Still, miles better than yesterday.

But I feel with my age (28) I should be farther along in recovery by now. It’s been four weeks as of Wednesday morning. I still feel fatigued on and off, upset stomach a few hours after every meal (not nausea). I just feel I get a lot more tired a lot more easily doing things I normally did without thinking twice about it. By the end of the day I just feel so worn out.

Tomorrowmorning at 11 (technically this morning) I’m supposed to follow up with my gastro doctor. Scared of what they’ll say. I kinda wanna take another test but I’m scared of the truth or a false positive. Scared of what they’ll even say. I don’t really feel worse, I just don’t feel much better. I’m a little ways away from a standstill (not totally, but close).

What sucks more is that I had a severely bad reaction to levaquin two months before the c diff was even a blimp on my radar. I’m STILL suffering adverse effects from that making it harder to figure out what may be causing what :-/.

I used to be the most happy go lucky guy you’d ever meet. The “life of the party” type of guy. And this has put the fear of god into me. Never thought I’d be a hypochondriac like I am now.

Praying for some good news tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Return to “Too Much Information”