Bloody dhiarrea

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
abroad
New User

Bloody dhiarrea

Postby abroad » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:13 pm

after 8 days of diarrhea I started having blood coming out with it. I have been put on flagyl for 3 day and then put on Vanco , This is my second day of Vanco. And I still have blood coming out, its slimy pink or deep red and sometimes rusty. the diarrhea has never stopped but the pain went away after 3 days of flagyl, he blood had stopped for 2 days as well but is back now and so is the pain.

Is this normal? My doctor says it most likely from irritation, but it sure does not feel like it. I just don't want to end up with blood poisoning :/

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Bloody dhiarrea

Postby georgina » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:38 am

Blood is a concerning sign that needs to be investigated , if the bleeding doesn't subside in the next days on the Vanco you may need to be tested for other diseases such as inflammatory bowel diseases.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Bloody dhiarrea

Postby Bobbie » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Agree. The if it keeps up, call doc. Might be something minor like hemmeroids but best to check.

Return to “Too Much Information”