Next day after ER

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Lid49
Regular Contributor

Next day after ER

Postby Lid49 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:11 pm

After Cat scan with contrast blood work no finding, no sample stool, Tis morning D, M and a lot of movement in my stomach. I think I'm relapsing 11 weeks after FMT.
No I'D Dr order a Pc test to a different laboratory on Thursday it is positive. She told me to wait if D stop is probably we do not treat.
Lidia.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Next day after ER

Postby NanciT » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:09 pm

I am so sorry you are still going through this, it sounds like the PCR was Positive? 11 weeks out is a long time. If the symptoms continue I am sure the ID will want to treat. If so, I would consider a Dificid Taper. I don't recall if you ever did the 10 days of Dificid but I don't think we have had any posters on here that did not succeed with a Dificid Taper.
I also don't recall any posters who have failed TWO FMT's. I feel terrible for you and hope things improve SOON for both you and your husband!
NanciT

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:18 pm

Hanging, there are few people failing like Susan, and other, I did have deficid before FMT, I'm scared but I do not think I have many option.
Lidia

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:24 pm

Nanci, all her recent tests have been negative but the posters new Dr has ordered another pcr, result will be next Thursday.
Lid, your only 2 weeks out from FMT, it's not always obvious that it's working and one or two loose stools with M a day is not unusual.

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:22 am

To Roy
11 weeks post second FMT I tested becose of D and also becose Dr was worried , my husband have c diff . Mayo did only the antigen test and was negative. After few days D again and my infection disease DR order a PCP test and come back positive. Thing got worse and I had to go To Er. I know that PCP can still be positive and if no symtoms do not treat. I hope that D will stop . After Er and CT scan wit contrast D yesturday morning. Still hoping but I think cdiff is back.
Thank you .
Lidia.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:34 pm

Hi, I am so sorry to see this recent test was positive. I recall you were concerned about the accuracy of the previous type of test that was ordered. Every time I have been tested it was PCR followed by a toxin test. But, it is my understanding they will treat based on symptoms with you still at this point. I will be praying for you :-)

Return to “Too Much Information”